Author Topic: Share the Film II  (Read 8804 times)

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
Share the Film II
« on: January 28, 2016, 10:02:51 PM »
It's been almost 2yrs since the original Share the Film thread died in what I thought was a rather spectacular way. If you aren't familiar with how we share here on FW, give that thread the once over and come on back. I will kick off again with 2x36exp of Dacomatic-A and 2x36exp of Aerecon II 3404. I have shot an developed lots of the Dacomatic. I haven't even opened the box of Aerecon, but maybe @McDuff has.

Take 'em if you dare!

James
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Re: Share the Film II
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 10:21:39 PM »
I've hardly heard about these films which makes them quite irresistible! I'll take them please, but I wouldn't mind a piece of advice on how to best use and process them as well. I will PM you, James.

I have nothing quite as fancy to offer, but here goes:
3 rolls of Fujichrome RTPII 64T 120 film (they work perfectly in daylight with an 85B filter)
1 pack Impossible 600 Cyan duo-tone film for Polaroid 600 cameras
1 pack Impossible 600 Yellow duo-tone film for Polaroid 600 cameras
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 10:31:29 PM »
Ooh, I would love to try out an IP duotone film ... would prefer the yellow. If this gets me to finally pick up my SLR680 again, I'm all for it! :D

I myself have a few things I could offer.

2x Fuji Pro 400H 120
2x Agfa XRG 200 135-36
for anyone who dares, I have a roll of 135-36 Ektachrome 160 E4 process film ... I'll also throw in a Kodacolor 200 135-36 (or any of the films above, for that matter)
 - edit: or make it an E4 bundle with a roll of Ektachrome-X 120!

edit 2: In case it's not clear, I'm offering any and all of the above, just give me a list of what you want :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:38:28 PM by Indofunk »

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 07:29:31 PM »
Kai's film (copy film and areal recon film) went out today. It's a long way to Norway but hopefully we see some grainy shots soon!
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 08:10:41 PM »
Kai's film (copy film and areal recon film) went out today. It's a long way to Norway but hopefully we see some grainy shots soon!

That should be about right, for the Dacomatic-A the Massive Dev Chart only gives you one choice: Rodinal. For the Aerecon it's a bit worse since the Kodak datasheet says it's a fine grained film that has "a thin, highly hardened emulsion to permit more rapid processing at elevated temperatures in modern continuous-processing machines". The "elevated" temperatures suggested is 29,5C to 40C. Are there any B&W developers that will work in such temperatures? The datasheet recommend Kodak Versamat, a processing machine developer that is probably long gone.
Kai

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 09:34:51 PM »
"Rodinal 1:100 will develop anything!" (copyright Indofunk 2016)
Flickr
Blogger

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 11:51:01 PM »
"Rodinal 1:100 will develop anything!" (copyright Indofunk 2016)

HAHAHAHA!!

Yes, this  ;)

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 07:33:20 AM »
Hi, is there still a pack of cyan duotone up for grabs? Apologies if not, not sure us kai san's offer is for all ir part of all those things  :)

No worries if that offer is 'finished' now others have put offers up. Don't want to be responsible for disrupting the flow of the thread!

Cheers
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 07:40:32 AM by Chalky »

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 10:17:00 AM »
Hi, is there still a pack of cyan duotone up for grabs? Apologies if not, not sure us kai san's offer is for all ir part of all those things  :)

No worries if that offer is 'finished' now others have put offers up. Don't want to be responsible for disrupting the flow of the thread!

Cheers

Sorry Chalky, they were offered as a package. It was in fact the last pack I had of the cyan film, so I cannot help you. If this thread picks up some speed I might offer up some IP film later, but it will probably be B&W or colour.
Kai

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 10:54:38 AM »
No worries :-)

good to see the film love being shared!

Cheers

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 02:52:21 PM »
Just so we're clear, this is the current offer up for grabs. Get it now before he's off to the Continent!

2x Fuji Pro 400H 120
2x Agfa XRG 200 135-36
for anyone who dares, I have a roll of 135-36 Ektachrome 160 E4 process film ... I'll also throw in a Kodacolor 200 135-36 (or any of the films above, for that matter)

edit 2: In case it's not clear, I'm offering any and all of the above, just give me a list of what you want :)
Flickr
Blogger

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 03:23:29 PM »
OR, if you're on the continent I can mail it to you locally when I'm there! :D

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 06:13:03 PM »
Indofunk's films went in the post today (to Sweden  :o), I hope he'll start enjoying his SX-70s again.  ;)

The rest of you lot should grab Indofunk's offer, that Fuji Pro 400H is sooooooooo nice!
Kai

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 05:30:49 PM »
Less than a week to place your order, or it will have to wait until I get back on March 16th!!  :P  Especially if you're in Europe, this is the time to let me know!

I myself have a few things I could offer.

2x Fuji Pro 400H 120
2x Agfa XRG 200 135-36

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 07:21:09 PM »
Satish,

If no one speaks up by the end of the week, I'll take it off your hands and close the loop on this chapter of Share The Film. I'm not sure why these threads are not more active. I guess lots of people don't like trying new or oddball films. I embrace the oddball though. The prospect of having one or two rolls of something that I'll probably never see again doesn't turn me off one bit. So hit me when it's convenient (if no one else wants it.).
Flickr
Blogger

Terry

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 08:07:17 PM »
Heaven forbid!  If it keeps the thread going, I'll take the 120 stuff--got way more 35 on hand than is healthy.  And I'll offer up a 100-foot roll of expired Konica 160 (possibly Fuji or Kodak--I don't think Konica really made film, did they?) in 46mm--AKA 127 size for anyone who wants to roll their own.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 09:26:41 PM »
See now the problem with this thread is that I just want everything everyone offers! I have a roll of non-perf Konica 160 that I use in 126 cartridges. It is a little shifty, but pretty good film if you like that kind of thing (which I do). I'll restrain myself on the 46mm for now, but I have a few 127 Brownies that don't get used because I don't like cutting down 120. Someone should grab that though. Nice offer Terry!
Flickr
Blogger

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 11:52:59 PM »
Heaven forbid!  If it keeps the thread going, I'll take the 120 stuff--got way more 35 on hand than is healthy.  And I'll offer up a 100-foot roll of expired Konica 160 (possibly Fuji or Kodak--I don't think Konica really made film, did they?) in 46mm--AKA 127 size for anyone who wants to roll their own.

Excellent! So the 2 rolls of Fuji Pro 400H and the roll of Ektachrome-X? You being the C41 whisperer that you are I'm sure you can tease some awesome xpro out of the Ektachrome-X! Just be sure to develop it at room temperature or below!  ;D

Terry

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 03:19:15 PM »
Satish: I sent you an email.  Thanks for donating to the cause.  And any tips on x-pro techniques most welcome.  (I've only done it with Crossbird, and that's really cheating.)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 03:32:00 PM »
Satish: I sent you an email.  Thanks for donating to the cause.  And any tips on x-pro techniques most welcome.  (I've only done it with Crossbird, and that's really cheating.)

Well, this Ektachrome-X stuff is E4 process, so it's a very unique kind of xpro. E4 emulsion melts off if you look at it wrong, so make sure your chems are not a single degree above 75oF, please! :D I think a combination of these three posts will point you in the right direction:

blog post that got me started down the rabbit hole
my first time developing E4
finally getting it right (almost)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:31:21 PM by Indofunk »

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 06:33:22 PM »

Finally braved the elements and got Terry's rolls in the mail. Now someone who loves 127 grab that bulk roll and start rolling! :D

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 08:49:50 PM »
James' films arrived safely today, looking good. Hmm, expiry date 12 / 73, don't think I ever shot film this old. :o  Exciting stuff!
Kai

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 08:08:19 PM »

If nobody picks up that roll of 127 film I might start looking for a 4x4 camera. I have too many cameras already, somebody please save me!  :o
Kai

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2016, 09:07:02 PM »

If nobody picks up that roll of 127 film I might start looking for a 4x4 camera. I have too many cameras already, somebody please save me!  :o

I'll race you to the end of the week! If no one grabs it by Friday, I'll take it and offer something from the stock pile. I have a couple of Brownies that eat 46mm.
Flickr
Blogger

Terry

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2016, 02:09:20 AM »
I'll sweeten it with 3 127 spools to get you started.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2016, 11:47:53 PM »
Alright Terry, I'm taking the 46mm. I will be offering something exotic, but I haven't decided what yet. It will probably include a pack of FP100c and either some 4x5 sheets or a mix of 120/135 expired films. We'll see what jumps out of the freezer.
Flickr
Blogger

Terry

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 09:31:40 PM »
OK!!!! Got your address; will post ASAP

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2016, 03:19:27 AM »
Okay, here's what I'm offering.
1 roll of Terry's Konica 160 127 (when it arrives)
1 pack Fujifilm FP100c
1 roll 135/36 Kodak T-max expired 2007
1 roll 136/36 Ektachrome 64T - yes this is Satish's famous film that was originally purchased in Chandrapur by his uncle Omprakash and reportedly smuggled to the US in an imitation elephant foot umbrella holder via Malaysia, Indonesia, the entire spice island archipelago and across the barren wastes of the Australian outback where it fell out of the foot, was mistaken for an egg and spent 2 months under an emu. A tourist picked it up thinking it some valuable aboriginal artifact and carried it strapped to the small of their back like a Colombian drug mule back to NYC where they dropped it in an alley while being mugged. I think that's where Satish found it and then he sent some to me.

or

5 sheets 4x5 Kodak Clinic Select Green
5 sheets 4x5 Arista Ortho Litho 2.0

Flickr
Blogger

Domingo A. Siliceo

• Personal blog
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2016, 06:20:53 AM »
Hi James.

I could take any of the 4x5 lots you're offering and, in change, offer to the community one of these lots:

4x5  TMax 100 expired in 1992 (5 sheets)
     10x15 cm Valca F-22 panchromatic film made in Spain and expired in... hmmm... hmmmmm... very expired (5 sheets) (please, note that this is a bit bigger than 4x5 and you will need to cut the sheet to use it in standard film holders)

Domingo A. Siliceo

• Personal blog
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 06:49:19 PM »
[...]

the film arrived this morning - it has taken only five days to make the journey from San Diego (USA) to Alicante (Spain). My intention is to expose some of the sheets next week... if weather is good enough.

Thanks very much, James.

I'm still offering some 4x5 film, if someone wants to take it.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2016, 03:15:08 AM »
[...]

the film arrived this morning - it has taken only five days to make the journey from San Diego (USA) to Alicante (Spain). My intention is to expose some of the sheets next week... if weather is good enough.

Thanks very much, James.

I was just in Valencia a couple of weeks ago! And now I'm in Santa Barbara.

This was the least useful post in this entire thread ;D

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2016, 01:11:19 PM »
Hi James.

I could take any of the 4x5 lots you're offering and, in change, offer to the community one of these lots:

4x5  TMax 100 expired in 1992 (5 sheets)

I'll take the Tmax! And in return I'll offer three rolls of Ilford Delta 100 (exp. 2012, not cold stored, but I believe in a temperate cellar/darkroom) in 35mm.

Domingo A. Siliceo

• Personal blog
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2016, 08:32:14 AM »
I offer 10 sheets of Foma Retropan 320 in 4x5. I've made some tests with this film and showed the results in this thread, but I'm no happy with it, so I'll send 10 sheets —fresh film— to whoever wants to play with the Retropan.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2016, 11:12:30 AM »
Hi Domingo,

I'd like the Retropan please.  I'm based in the UK and will happily pay postage, so please let me know the cost.  However, I'm just about to head off to Amsterdam until the end of next week, so please don't send until at least 23/06.  I'll PM you my address.

I've got a box of goodies in the fridge.  I'll go and have a look to see what I'm going to offer up next.

Thanks, Paul.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2016, 11:26:01 AM »
Okay......

I've got 5 x 36 exposure rolls of Fuji Superia "Reala" 100 which expired 10/2012 but has been in my fridge since I bought it.  It's fantastic film but a bit slow for what I tend to shoot on 35mm these days.

As per the previous post, I'm going to be away for almost a week (from Monday 20 June) so drop me a note to remind me.

Domingo A. Siliceo

• Personal blog
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2016, 11:32:34 AM »
[...]
I'd like the Retropan please.
[...]

it's yours.

lharby

• Hi
    • slackwise
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2016, 11:40:35 AM »

Is this still available Domingo? I realise you posted that long ago!

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 11:42:25 AM by lharby »
Everything should be tried once except incest and folk dancing.

Domingo A. Siliceo

• Personal blog
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2016, 09:13:57 AM »
[...]
Is this still available Domingo? I realise you posted that long ago!
[...]

hi, Luke. The film flew some time ago to Germany. I'm sorry.

lharby

• Hi
    • slackwise
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2016, 03:11:28 PM »
No worries, Domingo, glad it went to a good home.  ;)
Everything should be tried once except incest and folk dancing.

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2016, 10:38:05 PM »
Does anyone have a summary of what' s left....
I've been off planet and am trying to catch up.  :-\

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2016, 10:41:27 PM »
This is the current offering. If I were that side of the Atlantic, I'd take it in a heartbeat. As it is, I'm a bit loaded up with 35mm at the moment. Someone please save me from myself. :)

Okay......

I've got 5 x 36 exposure rolls of Fuji Superia "Reala" 100 which expired 10/2012 but has been in my fridge since I bought it.  It's fantastic film but a bit slow for what I tend to shoot on 35mm these days.

As per the previous post, I'm going to be away for almost a week (from Monday 20 June) so drop me a note to remind me.

There is an older branch from Urban, but no one bit on that. Why? You got me. I love Delta 100. Give it a swirl in some Caffenol-C-L and BAM! Smoothy-smooth!

Quote from:  Urban Hafner
I'll offer three rolls of Ilford Delta 100 (exp. 2012, not cold stored, but I believe in a temperate cellar/darkroom) in 35mm.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 10:45:16 PM by jharr »
Flickr
Blogger

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2016, 06:26:38 AM »
Thanks for the clarification!
Yes, the Reala is nice stuff and I'd take it too if it was this side....

Someone should grab it!

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2016, 06:33:47 PM »
Okay......

Hi Late Developer

I'll take the 5xReala and I'll contact you in time for when you get back...

On offer, we have the wonderful and desirable home development experimental starter kit ;)

1 x Ilford HP5 400 (Exp 03/05)
1 x Ilford Delta 400 (Exp 02/06)
1 x Ilford SFX 200 (Exp 04/15)
2 x Orwo TC27 (Exp 04/08) I've been exposing this at 250, though other methods of compensation are available

Do these interest anyone?

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2016, 10:52:50 AM »
Okay......

Hi Late Developer

I'll take the 5xReala and I'll contact you in time for when you get back...

(Using best Jack Nicholson impersonation........) ".......I'm hooooome".

Glad it's taken. Please PM me your address and I'll organise sending.

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2016, 07:20:13 PM »
Thank you Late Developer! Let me know what IOU for the postage :D

Ok, I'm doing some quantitative easing with my film offer, by adding in a delicious ADOX CMS 20 II! They all fit neating into a box for posting also.

So, now on offer, we have the enhanced, wonderful and desirable home development experimental starter kit ;)

1 x Ilford HP5 400 (Exp 03/05)
1 x Ilford Delta 400 (Exp 02/06)
1 x Ilford SFX 200 (Exp 04/15)
2 x Orwo TC27 (Exp 04/08) I've been exposing this at 250, though other methods of compensation are available
1 x Adox CMS 20 II (Exp 07/16)

An unmissable opportunity to play with some slightly IR sensitive films (SFX & TC27), a modern classic, and some old masters...irresistible or what? These have all been kept chilled, some are aging, but every one of them is eager to be exposed, lovingly developed, and get wasted :D

Do these interest anyone?