Author Topic: Photo Book Sale at 5b4  (Read 1546 times)

Susan B.

• Global Moderator
  • Sheet Film
    • susanburnstine.com
Photo Book Sale at 5b4
« on: July 19, 2007, 05:31:46 PM »
I'm addicted to 5B4---Photo book reviews by Jeff Ladd. Great blog!

Jeff's blog inspired me to read a photo book every two days this summer! (Just finished Nan Goldin this AM and currently working on Koudeleka)

Jeff's having a summer book sale. I just nabbed a copy of Roy Decarava Photographs for 20.00. :)

Thought I'd pass it on to anyone who loves photo books....

http://5b4.blogspot.com/2007/07/5b4-summer-book-sale_17.html
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 05:37:10 PM by Susan B. »

david b

• Peel Apart
    • Stray Light Foto
Re: Photo Book Sale at 5b4
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 06:31:39 PM »
Ooh, you did well - the Decarava book is great.

For anyone who doesn't have them - I can recommend the Miguel Rio Branco and Alex Webb books being offered. Two of my all-time favourite colour photographers.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 12:40:49 PM »
...and Koudelka's one of my all time faves too. Nice. I love 5b4 too, Susan. A great site; thanks for pointing me at it some time ago.

I'm on a deliberately imposed anti-consumerism "not buying anything for a year" kick at the moment, so new photo books are out of the question, but it's funny how making a decision not to buy anything new focusses your mind on which non-essentials you really would prefer not to do without and photo books come to mind time and time again. I read  LOT anyway, but I have a circle of family and friends and we all swap books constantly so I can survive for a long time without needing to buy a new novel or non-fiction work, but I don't have anyone close by who reads photography books...and anyway, if they're good ones you want to keep 'em.

So here's my S.O.S. to Ailsa....Dear Editor, do you have any more books that you would like me to review?
 ;D ;D ;D

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 03:01:43 PM »
I'm on a deliberately imposed anti-consumerism "not buying anything for a year" kick at the moment, so new photo books are out of the question,
Do like I do... ask the public library to buy them. If the books are odd enough, you can be certain nobody but you will borrow them! I've been renewing a few books for months and nobody has yet noticed I'm the only one who likes them!
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.