Author Topic: Cork Analogue Photographers  (Read 3366 times)

roryot

• Cork Analogue Photographers
Cork Analogue Photographers
« on: August 13, 2008, 10:13:02 PM »
Hi Filmwasters. Just wanted to let you know about a new group of film photographers in Cork. We all attended a photgraphy nightclass in the Crawford Art College over the past couple of years, and decided to keep a good thing going by setting up as a group of Cork based film photgraphers. It's early days yet, but we'll be exhibiting shortly, and in the mean time have set up a page to post scans of some of our work. Take a look at http://corkap.blogspot.com/.  More details on the exhibition (in Cork city center) to follow

Rory

eddie

• Peel Apart
    • monosnaps
Re: Cork Analogue Photographers
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 07:55:54 AM »
Rory

Thats good news, delighted to hear film is alive and kicking down south.  Even in Dublin I have noticed an increase in awareness and a few new courses which include film based photography.   Film wasters ,Apug ,Photography Ireland and similar sites deserve a lot of the credit as well as the individual photographers who promote film.

Some good creative work on your site,  well done.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 08:08:04 AM by eddie »

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 09:06:26 AM »
great stuff Rory.  post some pics of the exhibition here please?
L.

roryot

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 12:11:30 PM »
Will do Leon. It's not for another month

Fintan

• Film Photography Workshops Ireland
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 09:03:22 PM »
Post details Rory, I'll go down to Cork when its on.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 10:53:10 AM »
Excellent news re the group, the forthcoming show and yet another report of a general upswing in the use and profile of film in photography. Great stuff!

:)

roryot

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 12:33:56 PM »
Hi all,

The exhibition will be open from September 20th in Brew Cafe, Paul St, Cork, Ireland. Our photos will be on the wall for a month. Very exciting as we are a new group, but I think the standard of work is very high. This show is all b+w, home processed, printed in the dark by the photographers exhibiting.

Brew is a new cafe in Cork, and hopefully this will be the first of many exhibitions that they host.

Rory

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 01:19:32 PM »
Rory, good luck with the show and thanks for posting the details here. Keep us up to date on how it goes and if you have a Filmwasters get-together with others who hang out here don't forget to send in photos.
 :)

roryot

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 09:17:33 AM »
Just wanted to bump this up again, as the exhibition opens on Friday. Frayed nerves all round!! Here's the flyer that some Cork residents may see floating around

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 09:51:14 AM »
Great stuff. Hope it all goes well.

Stu

• Peel Apart
    • Daily35
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 08:42:46 PM »
Just looked at the blog. Really nice stuff - and really appreciated the pixchannel link, something i can't believe I hadn't heard about.
Thank you.

roryot

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 11:12:19 PM »
Well, the exhibition opened on Friday just gone, Sept 19th. Everything went very well, and all of us Cork Analogue Photographers were delighted with the space, the turn out, and the reception that we got. We were particularly delighted that the exhibition was opened by Harry Moore, pinhole photographer of note, and the very warm, informative and encouraging speech that he made. See http://www.harrymoore.net/exhibitions.htm for examples of Harry's work.

Some photos of the opening are now posted on our website - http://corkap.blogspot.com/

And apologies for posting digital images on filmwasters, but in the interest of expediancy pixels sometimes make sense. Besides which, they are digital images showing proper film photographs printed by hand on fibre  ;) So here's a small selection of  photos from the show (by Jim, Sanda and Dee)

Rory

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 11:14:00 PM by roryot »

eddie

• Peel Apart
    • monosnaps
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 08:08:50 AM »
Well done, everyone looks to have had a good time. Images look well on the walls. I hope this is the first of many.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 05:04:07 PM by eddie »

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 08:35:34 AM »
excellent - really good to see.  thanks
L.

Fintan

• Film Photography Workshops Ireland
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 11:26:43 PM »
Well done Rory, I'm going to try to get down at the weekend.

I hope nobody minds me posting this but I'm part of a group of 13 film photographers having a show in Airfield Trust, Dublin. The title is No Pixels - Ireland on FIlm which quite says it all. The opening is tomorow (tue) at 19.00, all thirsty filmwasters welcome  ;)

More info here http://www.airfield.ie/events_page.htm

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 08:24:33 AM »
sounds like there is an excellent "analogue scene" going on over there.  Wish I could get to the shows
L.