Author Topic: (NOT) Having Fun With Facebook  (Read 3467 times)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
(NOT) Having Fun With Facebook
« on: November 19, 2007, 04:40:32 PM »
Sorry to those of you who joined the FW Facebook group in the last 24 hours. You should all have received a PM from me about this, but I thought I'd better post here too. The thing is, Facebook has TOTALLY confused me and I'm now not sure exactly what I've done. I can't believe that the 50 million people on Facebook all found it this confusing.

Anyway, the upshot of all this pathetic flailing around is that there is a new Filmwasters page at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=6157952725 (I can't believe there isn't a friendlier URL lurking in there somewhere) so if you previously joined the gang then please take a few seconds out of your busy online Scrabble sessions to re-join the FW Facebook gang.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 04:43:26 PM by ed.wenn »

astrobeck

Re: (NOT) Having Fun With Facebook
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 05:13:57 PM »
I didn't sign up for Facebook because I wasn't sure why I needed to have another FW account, plus I'm just not familiar with it.  :)

Ed, will you tell me and maybe some of the others that post here why we need to have a Facebook acount.
If it's something very cool, and has some aspects Filmwasters can't offer???

I'm about maxed out with online accounts and keeping up with them , in fact I just dumped a few I wasn't using to streamline my online surfing time.

Thanks!!!! :)

david b

• Peel Apart
    • Stray Light Foto
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 05:27:36 PM »
If it's something very cool, and has some aspects Filmwasters can't offer???

Online scrabble.  That's it, really.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 10:27:27 PM »
Yeah, but Scrabble is important.   8)

eyecaramba

• Reject from Richmond
    • Eye Caramba
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 11:18:04 PM »
I am with you, Ed.  I don't get facebook yet.  But I do like Scrabble.  I have started a game with Leon.  It seems he has no choice but to play unless... well, we'll not start denigrating his well turned and legally auspicious intellect just yet.

I mean that I just started a game with him and it didn't require his consent.  I just started.  Kind of anoying if people were to up and start making demands of me.  The more I think of it, Leon you really don't need to play but I don't know how to take up the gauntlet I have thrown... Facebook is stressful maybe?
My chopstick is really a love poem.

db

• Peel Apart
    • portfolio
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 05:51:27 AM »
Yeah, but Scrabble is important.   8)

More accounts?  :P (closest smiley I could see to 'vomiting')

I prefer Twister.. But I'd need my VR body glove for that...

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 10:08:53 AM »
Becky makes a good point and has raised something that I should clear up right from the off. I'm not for one second suggesting that anyone here signs up for any of the services that I've mentioned in recent days (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Jaiku etc.) if you don't already have an account there. It didn't occur to me that my postings could be interpreted in that way so apologies for any confusion. Do not on my account inflict Facebook on yourselves. Go out and waste some film instead?please.

All I've been doing is creating Filmwasters accounts on all of those sites so that FW people who already have accounts there can connect with us 'in a different space' (man) and do stuff like, well, erm, play Scrabble   :D

I'm an IT geek, but I don't get to do any really interesting web-based stuff at my day job, so I'm really just using Filmwasters as an opportunity to take a look at how some of the recently emerged technologies hang together - in particular how social networking sites & presence information might work together with a forum-based 'community' like ours here at Filmwasters. If that doesn't make sense don't worry because it won't imapct anyone here in any way. I'm just playing with some new toys. We may get some extra traffic through the site, we may get a new member or two, but probably it won't make much of a difference.

I hope that makes sense and allays any uncertainties.

jrong

• 35mm
    • Artemisworks
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 03:34:02 PM »
I can't find any Filmwasters group on Facebook....

???
ArtemisWorks Photography | www.artemisworks.plus.com
Anti-digital Militant :-)

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 04:58:02 PM »
see the update on facebook. i started another post about this...
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 05:36:40 PM »
It is no use of anyone's who isn't a member as far as posting links here to view. It just takes you to a sign up page. I really don't see the point in doing so for myself. I am around the web too much as it is. However, after using an alias a while back, I was too confused as to what the concept of Facebook was other than another place to talk about shit and show pictures and join groups. I am going to pass the gas onto someone else.

Incidently, I did manage to sign up to myartspace.com. I need a drink. A lot of stuff there...mainly artist types, paintings and such. Some toy camera work but not enough. Let us change that shall we? I was already featured....after a week.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 05:40:01 PM by beck »
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 05:45:39 PM »
Oh, by the way, Filmwasters is stationed on myspace.com for those of you who would like to take a peek or join. Could use some new faces....and some UPDATES.

myspace.com/filmwasters 

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=280547071
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine