Author Topic: It's Friday (23-2-18)  (Read 1846 times)

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
It's Friday (23-2-18)
« on: February 23, 2018, 11:44:12 AM »
A few shots from Weston-Super-Mare this week. Agfa APX (looking a bit grainy).

"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: It's Friday (23-2-18)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 03:30:55 PM »
Those are nice shots Peter, I especially like the last one, looks like they’re walking on water. 

These were shot on the Balda Baldessa 1B that I got from SLVR in the Share The Love exchange.  The film is Kodak Tri-X 400 developed in a home brew Porter in my attempt to get better results.  I talked about it on the Beerol thread. 

I live in a rough neighborhood, this is the kind of carnage we have to deal with on a daily basis. 

Scarecrow Homicide by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Roadside Casualty by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 03:50:33 PM »
It's a pretty exciting winter for film shooters, isn't it?  Here's a print from a roll of Ferrania P30 which will hopefully be available in quantity soon. And while I experiment with that Kodak is finishing up the new Ektachrome for its introduction. And just today Kodak announced the return of P3200, starting next month.  Pretty cool news all around!

The Ferrania is nice stuff, and slow, and contrasty. This negative was exposed at iso50 and the working print needed a 1.5 contrast filter for Ilford MGRC paper. My cell pic isn't good but the print is encouraging.

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 04:25:56 PM »
Veeeeeeery nice shots, as usual! Peter, the space in your shots is lovely. I've always wanted to go on a coastal trip and try to catch a good shot of a pier. Maybe this summer, since I work from home and technically can work from pretty much anywhere I go.

This was taken sort of by mistake. I was actually trying to set up the timer, and I thought the "5" was for seconds and then I realized it was for multiple exposures, so I went with it and took some shots of a marina and the tying poles, both upright and upside down. It reminds me of a metropolis skyline from a dystopian movie.

Metropolis
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr
Kodak Tri-X 400 pushed to 1600 and developed in Ilfotec DDX

This one is from the infamous roll of CineStill. Handheld for a couple of seconds, I believe.

New York Borealis
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Instagram: @_shaken.not.stirred

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 06:16:51 PM »
Very nice start Peter! I'll continue with some colour.

Contax N1 / Zeiss Planar 80mm f2.0 / Kodak Portra 400
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 08:00:01 PM »
Great start from everyone! Going with the water theme. Rollei 35s, Tmax 400

Reflections-4 by Manuel Lion

Reflections-3 by Manuel Lion

robclarke

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 07:29:44 AM »

Blaxton

• Sheet Film
    • Flickr
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 12:13:54 PM »

I live in a rough neighborhood, this is the kind of carnage we have to deal with on a daily basis. 

Rough neighborhood, indeed.  What would you estimate the life-expectancy of a teddy-bear to be?

Just about finished processing and scanning rolls of film from last week’s tourist jaunt to Andalusia.  In the amazing Mezquita in Córdoba, I took these pictures of mostly two-dimensional surfaces.  Olympus OM1, 35mm Zuiko lens, Arista EDU 100, RO9 1:100, semi-stand.

La Mezquita, Córdoba, Andalusia by William Blackstone, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/willblax/

There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method. -- Herman Melville

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 01:49:23 AM »
Perhaps a contender for the collab but far too late out of the darkroom with the roll. Here's a sample image from the Ferrania P30 video that I'm in the process of cutting. I do want to get some time to take the film into the darkroom for some prints to see what I can really get out of it but right now it's very encouraging. When exposed just right the film is very silvery indeed.

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 05:57:42 AM »
Really like both of Miguel's shots

More Julia Margaret Cameron than I wanted

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 12:34:08 PM »
I actually shot these on Thursday. Bergger Pancro 400 shot in a recently acquired Bessa L with 15mm lens, developed Saturday in R09. Had problems with the fixer so had to put back in tank for another dunk. Also some black lines across the negs in places. Might try another roll but develop in something else to see if I can get better results as not entirely keen on the graininess (reminiscent of retropan 320).

Angel on Spire by Antony Shepherd, on Flickr

Harveys by Antony Shepherd, on Flickr

Cobbled street by Antony Shepherd, on Flickr

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 06:32:22 PM »
Nice start Peter, and that multi from Miguel is intriguing! Mine are from a little canyon walk I took with Bryan in Palm Springs on Friday. It's always nice to meet up with a Filmwaster and Bryan and I have done our fair share of mailing film and gear back and forth, so nice to put a face with the name.

These are on Acros loaded into the Bronica S2a. Development was done in Caffenol-CL for 100-ish minutes. I meant to only go for 70 minutes, but I pulled a "Satish" and fell asleep mid-dev.  ::)

We were in a deep canyon with the sun shining on half of it, so this snag was in the shadow and the side of the canyon was in full sun.

S2a-Acros-001 by James Harr, on Flickr

I think Bryan also got a shot of this old water diversion gate.

S2a-Acros-009 by James Harr, on Flickr
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 08:14:31 PM »
Quite liking Blaxton's Cordoba studies. Something very settling about the patterns.

Mine is just one from a seemingly endless recent roll through my little Tenax.

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 08:52:48 PM »
Very strong offerings this week. I like Miguel's "happy accident" :) And I'm afraid I'm beginning to become too much of a negative influence on this forum through my "lie down" development :D But as James found out, it seems to be a valid development scheme  ???

I finally have a picture this week that I like enough to post here. One of my favorite subjects, an alley :) This one in Philadelphia before a gig with a blues band I had never played with before :)

Alleys of Philadelphia by Satish Indofunk, on Flickr

cs1

• Self-Coat
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 09:25:09 PM »
What a great weekend, excellent contributions everyone. I especially like the portrait of your son, Rob, as well as O2Pilot's dangling rope (the exposure is spot on, great job with the Tenax; BTW I know exactly what you mean with the never ending film in the Tenax).

Went to Leipzig yesterday and got the following shots. All shot with a Canon F-1 on Fomapan 100, developed in Caffenol-C-H (RS). Lenses that I used where a Canon 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C. and a Soligor 20mm f/2.8. The shots came out quite overdeveloped. So 12m00s isn't short enough for Fomapan 100. I'm going to try 11m30s next time.

Triangle by C S

Shadow Ornament by C S

Archway by C S

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 02:38:31 AM »
Nice start Peter, and that multi from Miguel is intriguing! Mine are from a little canyon walk I took with Bryan in Palm Springs on Friday. It's always nice to meet up with a Filmwaster and Bryan and I have done our fair share of mailing film and gear back and forth, so nice to put a face with the name.

These are on Acros loaded into the Bronica S2a. Development was done in Caffenol-CL for 100-ish minutes. I meant to only go for 70 minutes, but I pulled a "Satish" and fell asleep mid-dev.  ::)

We were in a deep canyon with the sun shining on half of it, so this snag was in the shadow and the side of the canyon was in full sun.

I like how that tree silhouette came out, now I wish I had shot it.  I just sent two rolls of Velvia to the lab, lots of color and sun down here in a Southern Cal.  I also have a roll of black and white to develop.  Tomorrow it’s back to rain and snow, at least seeing my dogs will brighten things up a bit.  I had a great time meeting James while I was here.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 10:43:05 PM »
Thanks Bryan. I think I had the 200mm lens on at that point, so the hillside looks unnaturally close compared to how I remember it in my mind. Also the caffenol-cl gives very high accutance to Acros, so the silhouette looks strangely sharp. Someone on IG said it looks like a tear in the film.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:44:45 PM by jharr »
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger