Author Topic: Weekend February 16, 2018  (Read 1124 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Weekend February 16, 2018
« on: February 16, 2018, 04:30:05 PM »
I took my Kodak Advantix 3200 AF APS camera snowboarding a few weeks ago.  The film is Kodak Advantix 200 film that expired 07/2000.  I recently found this roll of film in the bottom of a box that had been tucked away in a closet since the film was new so it was not cold stored. 

Snow at Stevens Pass by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Skyline Express by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
Re: Weekend February 16, 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 04:55:23 PM »
Those are really nice shots, Bryan. I have yet to take pictures in the snow (or ski/snowboard).

A couple more from the CineStill 800T roll that I didn't agitate properly. I seriously have to give it another try. I'm also watching Blade Runner for the first time this weekend, and maybe I'll get inspiration for a photo essay.

Bromide Bike
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr

Part Deux
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr

Have a great weekend!
Instagram: @_shaken.not.stirred

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 05:44:43 PM »
Two pics from a test roll shot with a newly acquired KMZ Start SLR, indoors without flash.

KMZ Start 2B / Helios 44 58mm f2.0 / Fuji Acros 100 @ 400 in Xtol
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 06:08:46 PM »
Nice start to the weekend. There's something about snow-weighted evergreens that gets my nostalgia going.

Here are a couple more from the Vitomatic II. I'm really enjoying this camera. These are on expired Tmax 400 (shot at 200) dev'd in parodinal.

vitomatic-tmax400031 by James Harr, on Flickr

vitomatic-tmax400034 by James Harr, on Flickr
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

cs1

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 07:48:41 PM »
Bryan, it's so nice that you had an opportunity to snowboard. I've been waiting for a good opportunity but unfortunately, the snow conditions on our local slopes are not that good yet. I hope for some more snow next week. In any case, nice shots.

Miguel, for someone who hasn't seen Bladerunner yet, you do play the theme very well. I'm sure your "people with umbrellas and people on bikes" theme in the first shot will cause a déjà vu when you watch the movie. :) Good for you that you fill this gap of important film history. ;)

Nice shots, James, I like the play with the shadows.

Here's a shot from my first film that I developed in Caffenol. Shot with Zeiss Ikon Nettar (which has a skewed fokus :( ) on Fomapan 100.

Grass by C S

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 11:35:17 PM »
Every now and again, the photo gods align the universe just so, but only for a moment....

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 12:48:03 AM »
A little color to keep company with Miguel's photos. We've lived in our neighborhood for 35 years, yet I've only recently taken the time to explore the alleys that crisscross the area.

Rolleiflex, Tessar 3.5, Portra 400

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 01:25:43 PM »
Nice catch O2 Pilot! Also like Bryan's winter wonderland. :-)

One from a roll of Tmax 400 shot with my Rollei 35 S (love this camera and have to use it more often).

Sweet Home Alabama by Manuel Lion

cs1

• Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 03:03:41 PM »
Earl, Manuel, those are really cool backyard / alley shots. :)

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 11:56:44 PM »
Well I shot these last October but only got round to developing them today. Spa Valley Railway had a beer festival, so I figured I might get some autumnal colours and good beer. Leaves at High Rocks were still mostly green, so lacking in autumnal feel. But at least I got good beer, though that Venn diagram of trainspotters and CAMRA members seemed pretty damn circular.
This was my last roll of out-of-date Portra 160. Must restock on colour film, though I'm waiting for Ektachrome!

Beery punters on the platform by Antony Shepherd, on Flickr

Ice Cream? In October? by Antony Shepherd, on Flickr

BR in Green by Antony Shepherd, on Flickr

Always found the biggest bugbear of colour processing was getting the temperature right. Either I had trouble getting the chems hot enough, or I'd get them too hot and have to wait for them to cool down. After reading this article I shelled out on a seventy quid sous vide heater. Clamp it to a bucket of water where I've placed the chemical bottles, it heats and circulates the water. Set the thermostat a few degrees higher than I want the chems, leave ten minutes, chemistry is heated to perfection!
This year I want to get out more and shoot more colour film, and being able to reliably heat the chems is a game changer.

Blaxton

• Sheet Film
    • Flickr
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 12:38:32 AM »
Last week, we made like tourists in Andalusia.  These are from the first two rolls (of many) developed:  The Alhambra and Sierra Nevada at Granada and the Puente Romano and Mezquita in Córdoba. 

Century Graphic 23, 105mm Tominon lens, Tri-X, RO9 1:100, semi-stand.

Granada, Andalusia by William Blackstone, on Flickr

Córdoba, Andalusia by William Blackstone, on Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/willblax/

There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method. -- Herman Melville

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 05:04:08 PM »
Just squeezing one in...

Water over Welsh slate.

"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."