Author Topic: Shoot 36 photos in a day  (Read 1088 times)

t4thomas

• 35mm
Shoot 36 photos in a day
« on: February 12, 2018, 09:24:32 PM »
Shoot 36 photos (a roll of film) in a day.

You have to finish the roll of film by the end of the day— so you will force yourself to find interesting things to shoot; even in the familiarity of home.

Has anyone else attempted this? I think I am going to start tomorrow.

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
Re: Shoot 36 photos in a day
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 09:38:36 PM »
Are you suggesting that this question applies only to shooting 36 frames in a day without leaving home, or just the idea of shooting 36 frames in a day? If it's the former, no, I haven't done it; if it's the latter, I shot 150 frames in five hours last week.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 10:17:32 PM »
Depending on location, it can either be very easy or dreadfully hard...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 10:29:20 PM »
Adding up to what Francois said, your state of mind can also influence how "trigger happy" you get. I shot 6 frames on a roll of Velvia 100 in 2 weeks, but 12 cocktails later during brunch in NY made me shoot the rest of the frames, indoors, with flash.

So that's that.
Instagram: @_shaken.not.stirred

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 02:07:07 AM »
I frequently do 36 frames in a month. a day? impossible.

chris667

• Peel Apart
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 07:57:18 AM »
First, welcome to the forum!  :)

Second, it is an interesting excercise, but not a good idea to force yourself to anything generally.

I frequently go out with my camera and just enjoy being wherever I am at the time. Forcing yourself to do things is the price of being a professional; I take photographs strictly for love.

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 09:50:10 AM »
I love that kind of challenge restrictions apply.  Best of all, if there is a meet-up with drinks to compare results =) My last roll - yet to be developed - was shot in my own home as a challenge when I had the flue and where supposed to stay in bed. As soon as my better half left the building I loaded a roll of Tudorcolor XLX 200 in the camera and took a picture of the toilet brush, from there it was only going to get better. In general I average about a roll a week over the year, and as I only develop one or two times a year I get to practice my patience ;)

Prosopopoeia, with a camera

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 10:45:54 AM »
well it seemed like fun last time. September was it? http://www.filmwasters.com/forum/index.php?topic=9339.0 :)
/jonas

t4thomas

• 35mm
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 02:31:44 PM »
I realise my original post was missing some detail; I am talking about shooting one roll of film every day!

I haven't actually started today; I ordered some HP5 in bulk yesterday — so have treated that as a great excuse to avoid getting started.

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 08:25:43 PM »
well it seemed like fun last time. September was it? http://www.filmwasters.com/forum/index.php?topic=9339.0 :)

It was September and it was good fun. I'd like to arrange another meet-up, but I have to admit to being a bit of a fair weather guy so as soon as it warms up a little!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website