Author Topic: Did I send anyone here a Coronet Commander?  (Read 717 times)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Did I send anyone here a Coronet Commander?
« on: January 19, 2018, 11:43:27 AM »
Some of you might be able to help me solve a mystery.

I've been meaning to send our MVP - Francois - a Coronet Commander to add to his collection. Over the years I've bought several from evilBay (see photo), but no matter how hard I look, I can't find more than one of them. I'm now beginning to wonder whether I gave any Commanders away to other FWers, or traded them in years gone by?

Commanders by Coronet by Ed Wenn, on Flickr

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: Did I send anyone here a Coronet Commander?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 09:13:09 PM »
I have a hard time imagining that your place is messy enough to loose an entire box of cameras!
You sure the kids didn't use them as trade-ins for Pokemon cards or something?
Then again, I think I'd be the only one that would have accepted such a trade  ;D
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 04:23:09 PM »
I think it's more a case that I did give them away, but it was long enough ago that the people to whom I gave them don't visit the forum any more. I'll keep searching, but it's not looking good at the moment I'm afraid.

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 05:09:59 PM »
Ed, I found this in the archives here...it's from 2007 September....perhaps it will refresh who you sent it to....

"This happened to a friend of mine recently and she brought her camera round for me to look at. Her first film had been great, but the subsequent rolls had been shaky and blurred (in a bad way). I thought the shutter might be misfiring cos something similar (albeit not as drastic) used to happen to my Holga. Anyway, I suggested that she take a look at the shutter when she'd finished her next film and said she may need to buy another Holga if it continued.
Next day she was round another friend's house and asked him to take a look too. 20 seconds later she was on the phone telling me that the bulb setting had slid across accidentally and that there was nothing wrong with the camera.
Why hadn't I spotted that?

The thing is, it's been a while and when I last bought a Holga they were pretty vanilla flavoured with no extras. I didn't even know they HAD a bulb setting. This was a CF something...again that CF thing was new to me too.

Of course I felt kind of stupid, but at least I sent her on her way with a Coronet Commander from my collection so she was up on the deal despite my lack of mad diagnostic skillz."