Author Topic: It's Friday (12-14 Jan)  (Read 1683 times)

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
It's Friday (12-14 Jan)
« on: January 12, 2018, 05:36:51 PM »
A couple of random shots.

Contax S2 18mm. Ektar converted to B&W.

Contax S2 135mm. Ektar converted to B&W.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Re: It's Friday (12-14 Jan)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 05:57:51 PM »
The second is very nice, random or not. More Contax here.

Contax N1 / Zeiss Planar 80mm f2.0 / Agfa Precisa CT100
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 06:15:23 PM »
I really like that second one, Peter.

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 06:52:15 PM »
Lovely shots everyone! I like every single one so far!

These two shots were taken with Provia 100F.

WTF U looking at bih
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr

I might want to try a different lab for my next E6 order. Every time I received a roll of Provia/Velvia from this particular lab, I notice a magenta cast on the images, which is more pronounced if underexposed and if I use a Polarizer. I know the rolls are fresh and cold stored, so not sure if it's a developing issue.

Gotham
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr
This is from a roll I shot during NYE's weekend in NY, and I Xpro'd at home. The sun was hitting the building pretty strong, so I put on the Polarizer and tried to darken the background sky.

Happy weekend!
Instagram: @_shaken.not.stirred

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 08:24:23 PM »
Love that xpro'd polarized shot, Miguel!

cs1

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 08:26:09 PM »
Very nice shots everyone! Peter, I like the shot of the tree on the hill. I really dig landscape shots. :) Kai, very nice atmosphere. And your compositions are refreshing as always, O2Pilot. :) Miguel, I actually thought that the first shot was taken at sunset. If it's during the day, then there really is a magenta cast. Still, the bird shot is very nice. :)

I took the following to shots at St. Annenhaus which was built in 1488. Shot with Lipca Rollop on Fomapan 400. Developed in Fomadon LQN.

St. Annenhaus by C S

St. Annenhaus (Interior) by C S

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 09:53:56 PM »
FP4+ in a Yashicamat:

Bollihope Burn
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 12:19:40 AM »
Thank you,

The picture of the bird was taken during sunset, partially-cloudy day. :)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 12:25:02 AM »
Lots of great stuff to start the weekend!  These were shot with my new Bronica ETRSi with the PE100mm macro lens.  It’s been raining a lot so I was shooting indoors doing still life’s and harassing my dogs while they try to nap.  The film is Ilford HP5+ developed in beer.

Tubes by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Sleepy Vera by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 02:06:40 PM »
It seems Miguel and I are on a similar tack.  35mmProvia 100 here too, but mine was expired five years ago so who knows what to expect.  I badly underexposed the whole roll unfortunately but this frame at least has something on it.  I processed the film myself, which was a first for me with E6 film.  I'll try again with fresh film, and yeah maybe expose it properly as well.  :-)

This was about a week ago when Philly had a cold snap.  This sunset was the coldest since 1994.  Brrr

img033 by Jeff Warden, on Flickr

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 02:17:16 PM »
Peter - Contax S2
Kai-san - Contax N1

I've owned Contax G cameras but these two cameras I've never heard of; a little research shows they're both very cool cameras.  Great kit, and you guys use them well.

:D

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 02:53:53 PM »
Last Sunday, the calm before the storm. We had a month's worth of rain, 1.5", on Monday and Tuesday. Temps back in the low 80F 27C range this weekend.

Leica M6, 35mm Summicron, Portra 400

MacArron

• Wasting film...
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »
Taken on Christmas. North coast of Spain. Kowa Six, Haida ND filter and Ilford FP4+.

Cameras to enjoy (I use them all):
Contax 139Q/Contax RX/Exa 1b/Exa 1c/Kowa Six

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 04:05:03 PM »
Great start to the weekend guys!
I always look forward to this part of the week.
Mine's a pinhole with old Ilford multigrade paper sloshed in caffenol.

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 04:15:56 PM »
Great photos! Beck, I love that pinhole capture. Reminds me of my time living in the Midwest/Texas.

MacArron, my grandfather was from Northern Spain (Santander) and I would love to visit it one day. Awesome shots!

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 05:35:01 PM »
Peter - Contax S2
Kai-san - Contax N1

I've owned Contax G cameras but these two cameras I've never heard of; a little research shows they're both very cool cameras.  Great kit, and you guys use them well.

Maybe I can indulge myself and continue the Contax theme with this from a film developed today.

Contax 159, 18mm, Acros in FD-10.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 06:23:46 PM »
Lovely shots everyone! I like every single one so far!

These two shots were taken with Provia 100F.

It seems Miguel and I are on a similar tack.  35mmProvia 100 here too, but mine was expired five years ago so who knows what to expect.  I badly underexposed the whole roll unfortunately but this frame at least has something on it.  I processed the film myself, which was a first for me with E6 film.  I'll try again with fresh film, and yeah maybe expose it properly as well.  :-)

I'm just gonna conclude that Philadelphia is purple  ;D

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 06:39:18 PM »
Peter - Contax S2
Kai-san - Contax N1

Thanks Jeff! I started with the G2 as well, wonderful camera which I've still got. My first Contax SLR was the 167MT which was quite nice. I sold it last year due to little usage. In it's place came the RX which is one of the cameras I use most, check it out if you're thinking of getting an SLR. Then came the 645 which is a whole different ballgame. After that it was tempting to get the N1 since you can use the 645 lenses on it, although some of them make the N1 body look rather small!
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 07:43:38 PM »
Lovely shots all. The Contax Crew doing great work,  but really just awash in a sea of good shots this weekend.

Mine is more of a 'process' shot. Taken with my Ansco 3a (pushing 100 years old or so) on Arista Grade 2 paper at iso 2, reversal processed to direct positive. The image is 3.25" x 5.5". The camera is in such great shape I don't mind using it as a single shot.

f/64 x 6 sec.

Ansco3a-AristaGrade2-002 by James Harr, on Flickr
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 08:28:15 PM »
Shot last July in Deal, developed today, a memory of summer.
Kodak Portra 160 in Bronica ETRS.

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FISHMAN

Fishman by Antony Shepherd, on Flickr

Sally Joy by Antony Shepherd, on Flickr

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2018, 10:59:48 PM »
As usual awesome work. Two of my faves this week involve photographic paper as the neg (and interesting processing): James and Becky. And James, I know we have been talking off line a bit about reversal stuff and it is exciting to see such cool prints coming out of what you are doing. It must be kind of magic watching that stuff develop! And Bryan, love the tubes photo.

So I have gotten back into processing and shooting but still playing catch up, as you might notice unfrozen water in the background  ;)

beach - 201
by Mcduff, on Flickr

beach - 203
by Mcduff, on Flickr

Interesting art history tidbit -- likely only of interest to few (and Francois probably knows this already, haha): The "Massey Harris" company is at an interesting intersection of canadian industry/technology and  "turn of the 20th century" art and culture in Canada. The Massey family had a huge impact on the arts scene in Toronto and Lawren Harris was not only one the the most famous of the canadian Group of Seven but was also rich from tractor money and kept the rest of the group of seven from starving to death.
---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2018, 11:33:33 PM »
Didn't know that.
But I also never heard of Massey Harris tractors...
But I can say that Massey Ferguson was THE brand of tractors that everybody used for decades in the province. They were big and reliable like a brick. Best of all was the uniquely red paintjob they all had coming out of the factory :)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Blaxton

• Sheet Film
    • Flickr
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2018, 08:50:47 PM »
Walking around Coimbra, Portugal, last week with an Adox Golf camera, loaded with Tri-X, that I semi-stand-developed in RO9.

Generated by [url=http://tools.rackonly.com]http://tools.rackonly.com[/url]

Generated by [url=http://tools.rackonly.com]http://tools.rackonly.com[/url]
https://www.flickr.com/photos/willblax/

There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method. -- Herman Melville