Author Topic: Look what Santa brought me!  (Read 994 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
Look what Santa brought me!
« on: December 25, 2017, 05:00:36 PM »
Now, I don't know if you've had nice things under the tree, but I've been spoiled with a nice photobook on street photography (with an intro by Martin Parr) and the cutest keychain in the world!
Yes, it's a small Polaroid OneStep that mechanically ejects a piece of film when you press the button :)
And even the viewfinder works 
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
Re: Look what Santa brought me!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 07:03:40 PM »
Two rolls of Acros 120 and a pack of new Polaroid 600 b/w. It'll make a good filmwasting start to the new year.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 07:32:36 PM »
Food & (non-) photo books. What on earth am I going to do with those?
But Mrs Zapsnaps asked me on Xmas eve what my FW goals were for 2018. I didn't like to waste such an opening by replying 'No idea', so I said that I was still working on 'concepts' and I would tell her at New year.
OPPORTUNITY! :) ;) :D
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

cs1

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 08:09:31 AM »
I got a Gossen Variosix F lightmeter which I love, a Canon 85mm f/1.8 which is just gorgeous and a Soligor 20mm.

François, the Polaroid is a "10" on the photo geek scale! :)

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 03:07:12 PM »
I know. When I discovered that the film comes out when you press the button, I was really in awe!
I can't believe they went to all that trouble to design a wind-up toy like that :)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 07:22:06 AM »
Love that Polaroid, Francois! Imagine the Impossible/Polaroid people would actually offer film this size.

I had ordered a lens tool and a small light tabel for myself but the little elfs at amazon mixed it up in the pre-Christmas madness and sent me a Panda bear Money box instead. ;D