Author Topic: My dog ate my film!  (Read 2793 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
My dog ate my film!
« on: December 02, 2017, 04:32:35 AM »
I came home to day and you can imagine my horror when I saw a chewed up roll of film on the floor.  It looks like it may be salvageable, she probably got the wrapper opened and took one wiff of the film and deiced it wasn't the treat she was expecting.  I suspect my wife got something out of the freezer when it fell out and rolled under the counter.  It's a roll of Kodacolor that expired in 1972.  I usually develop old Kodacolor as black and white, it does pretty good in Rodinal. 

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: My dog ate my film!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 04:35:49 AM »
This is the guilty one, Vera.

Vera in the Garden by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Vera by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 03:22:52 PM »
Now this is the first time I see something like this!
I wonder what attracted him to the film?
It's not like it smells meaty or sugary...
Maybe something dripped on the box....
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 03:26:36 PM »
She’s a Basenji, they just destroy stuff for the sport of it. 

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 09:23:29 PM »
That means she probably gets bored easily...

It reminds me of my uncle's malamute experience... they sadly kept the dog for only a week and then had to give it away.
They had bought it because their house had been broken into several times...
On the first day while they were out working, the dog teared-up the living room sofa (cushion filling was everywhere).
On the second day, he chewed-up half of my aunt's underwear drawer which he managed to get open (I heard that the dog found my aunt's bras quite fun).
On the third day, they locked the dog in the basement... and thieves broke in the house once again.
Then, it was out with the dog and in with an alarm system!
Francois

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 10:13:13 PM »
I knew a guy that left his new dog in the living room of his brand new hose when he went to work.  It proceeded to remove the sheet rock from the walls.  It’s surprising how much sheet rock a dog can remove in one day. 

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 01:06:17 PM »
Back in Venezuela, most houses are made of concrete and cinder block, as opposed to the timber/sheetrock combination found in the U.S/Canada. We had a laundry room separated from the house that we used for when we came back from the beach, to "shower" and wash out the sand and saltwater. My old dog, Bronco, secretly began to chew on a small corner of the room, where a dent had been made to a cinder block. I'm not sure how long it had passed, but after a while, we realized that HALF a cinder block had been chewed out.

We took him to the vet and they said it was common, as it was a calcium deficiency, and prescribed some stuff for him, which made him stop with the cinder block chewing  :P
Instagram: @_shaken.not.stirred

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 11:40:40 PM »
About 1984, my Boxer bitch (Sooty) destroyed several thousand 35mm slides I'd taken over the previous 10 years when I accidentally left the door to my "office" unlocked and she went in and had fun all night. It's the nearest thing I've ever had to actually killing a pet. Thankfully, I realised it was my fault before I lost it completely.  Nevertheless, I couldn't go home for 24-36 hours as I needed to calm down. 

I loved my dog and feel guilty that I got so outraged - but it's amazing how much emotional attachment you can have with photographic memories.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 09:12:28 PM »
I have a greyhound. I could leave a chuck roast in the middle of the floor and he wouldn't touch it until his current nap was over. Then he would lay down next to it and lick it until he fell asleep again. All that chewing and tearing is just so much effort!
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 10:56:17 PM »
I have a greyhound. I could leave a chuck roast in the middle of the floor and he wouldn't touch it until his current nap was over. Then he would lay down next to it and lick it until he fell asleep again. All that chewing and tearing is just so much effort!

It wouldn't hit the floor with my Basenji's.

chris667

• Peel Apart
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 10:58:08 AM »
My Max is a Spanish Mastiff. Big, beautiful, ridiculous dog.

He eats lots of things he's not supposed to.

The worst thing was a packet of rainbow coloured crayons. Bright coloured, stripey turds for the rest of the week. It was like walking a unicorn.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:04:37 AM by chris667 »

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 03:15:38 PM »
This somehow reminds me of my dad's old aunt's cat. It had a fondness for tinsel at Christmas time. She used to find it quite funny saying that the cat produced wrapped stools every year :)
Francois

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 06:45:12 PM »
This somehow reminds me of my dad's old aunt's cat. It had a fondness for tinsel at Christmas time. She used to find it quite funny saying that the cat produced wrapped stools every year :)

A friends dog used to eat tinsel, his rear was quite festive with it hanging out. 

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 09:18:50 PM »
As long as he didn't drag himself across the carpet to remove it, it's OK ;) (As you can tell, I'm not a vet)
Francois