Author Topic: Instax film backs for your favorite cameras  (Read 1218 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
Instax film backs for your favorite cameras
« on: November 07, 2017, 08:28:15 PM »
I don't know what's been brewing lately but it seems new products for the film market are coming out faster than I can count.
Check this film back designed to use Instax on a ton of obsolete cameras
https://petapixel.com/2017/11/04/rezivot-instant-film-processor-shoot-instax-film-camera/

Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
Re: Instax film backs for your favorite cameras
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 08:56:41 PM »
well, well, well!
this has do it yourself written all over it!
Homemade pinhole cameras and all kinds of hacks come to mind.
This is exciting!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:41:48 PM by astrobeck »

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »
Might need one of these. My Instax Wide died a few years ago and I miss it. I replaced with the Neo Mini 90, but it's just not the same.
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

MJL

• 35mm
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 02:09:03 AM »
I put in my pledge for the Signal Unit.  Hope it will give a new lease on life for my Polaroid 6000SE.
It is only 23% backed so far, so I am not holding my breath...
Addicted to Kodachrome, Medium Formats, Polaroid, Russian lenses and big shinny objects.

John Robison

• Sheet Film
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 04:26:45 AM »
I backed the Jollylook camera KS campaign for Instax Mini format just to get the filmholder/developer unit. I plan on a box camera configuration with either a Zeiss Novar 75mm f6.3 or a Kodak Anastar 101mm f4.5 (I know, bit long). Both have front element focusing to about 3 feet but the Kodak lens is by far the best optic, faster and the shutter has greater range than the little Novar. The advantage of the 75mm lens is a more useful angle of view and also very small and low weight. The shutter of the Novar has a regular PC sync port while the Kodak lens has that old ASA post and you have to set the delay on the shutter for the type of flash you are using. So, no perfect solution between the two. Would love to have the Instax Wide format behind that Kodak optic but haven't found a back solution I can afford.

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 12:33:34 PM »
Mmm, that's tempting. I'm really trying to cull the herd and things like this aren't helping!  :-\
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 01:41:34 PM »
This question is based on my near-total ignorance of the Instax mechanism, but has anyone looked into repurposing old Polaroid rigs as a source for parts to create an Instax-capable back? Seems like it should be possible, especially for the square format (the only one I have any interest in). Seems like a project someone must have at least considered....
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 02:53:32 PM »
The main difference between the polaroid and Instax is that the polaroids get exposed through the front while Instax is through the back.
Also, the polaroid cameras have a lot of mechanical stuff on the side of the packs that makes it hard to adapt.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

lharby

• Hi
    • slackwise
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 06:33:12 PM »
Backed.

I really hope this comes off.

I have a Bel-Air back for my Polaroid GOOSE. But there's no darkslide, so it's pretty limiting.
Everything should be tried once except incest and folk dancing.