Author Topic: Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk - North Park, San Diego  (Read 2602 times)

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk - North Park, San Diego
« on: October 09, 2017, 07:39:34 PM »
This was my first time participating in this event. I had a few choices here in San Diego. There were of course beaches and Balboa Park, but those are always there and no one really needs a guide to get around them. North Park is a part of town that I never really get to. As it turns out, there is a lot to see there. We walked for about 2 hours from one mural to the next and got the feeling that there were a lot that we weren't getting to. It would definitely be worth a longer explore. These color shots were taken on Satish's "Desert Fresh" Ektachrome 64D. I shot it at iso 25 in a Chinon CP-5 with a Pentax 28/2.8. It was a bright sunny *hot* October morning, so I was mostly shooting around f/5.6 - f/8 with some wider apertures in the shade. I developed the film in my first batch of diy C-41. It got a little over-developed and the scanner struggled with pushing enough light through it to get an image, but we managed and PS did an adequate job of figuring out the color.

Scott Kelby 2017 by James Harr, on Flickr

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Faintandfuzzy

Re: Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk - North Park, San Diego
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 11:32:15 PM »
Interesting results from the cross processing.