Author Topic: weekend of August 18..  (Read 2977 times)

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
weekend of August 18..
« on: August 18, 2017, 03:14:31 PM »
Instax film with newly acquired instant camera..using long exposure and wacky filter

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
Re: weekend of August 18..
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 04:34:20 PM »
It took me a while to realize there are people in that picture.

This is taken with Kodak Ektar. My roommate turned on the hallway lights and it leaked through the bathroom doors, hitting the negative as I was loading into the reel.

Lomo ducks
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr

This is from the Gantry State Park, in Long Island City, NY. Velvia 100. Extremely saturated. I adjusted a bit in Lightroom to remove a lot of the overly saturated highlights. Hand held, with a polarizer filter too.

Sunset from LIC
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr
Instagram: @_shaken.not.stirred

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 04:49:49 PM »
I'm working through some Ektar from the back of the freezer, now four years expired.  Lovely hiking weather in Philly last weekend!

Leica M3/Sonnar50/Ektar

Untitled by Jeff Warden, on Flickr

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 05:00:41 PM »
I'm working through some Ektar from the back of the freezer, now four years expired.  Lovely hiking weather in Philly last weekend!

Leica M3/Sonnar50/Ektar

Untitled by Jeff Warden, on Flickr

I live in Bucks County... Let me know if you'd like to grab a beer(s) or something to eat at some point! I'm always trying to meet more photographers in the area!

Klaus

• Using 35 and 120, currently
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 05:20:25 PM »
Back after a while ... couple of weeks ago I visited Fishguard Bay in Wales, you can take a ferry to Ireland (Rosslare) from there. Weather was windy and drizzly/rainy, with dull light of course. Brought the GW690ii and used a roll of Neopan 400CN (expired 2005), dev in Ilfosol3 1+9 for 21 minutes (risked it as I didn't want to send it off/pay for C41). One image I scanned as colour which produced an interesting brown tint.

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 05:29:26 PM »
I shot a lot during the last 3 weeks, now working throug the negs. Here are 2 from the last weekend. I was at the Mera-Luna Dark Rock festival in Hildesheim with a crew pass, but had to leave early because of the rain, a leaky tent, masses of mud and imminent health problems. Although I'm not a fan of this kind of music and despite my premature departure it was a great experiance. 25000 nice and peaceful people.

All taken with a weatherproof (yeah!) Olympus SuperZoom 110 p+s on Kentmere 400, deved in Caffenol-C-M(rs).

Album on flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm2Xrdgq

MeraLuna 2017
by Imagesfrugales, on Flickr

MeraLuna 2017
by Imagesfrugales, on Flickr

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 05:53:24 PM »
I just picked up a roll of Rollei CR200 from the lab, it's been sitting in a cupboard since last September. There are no labs in Norway that processes slide film anymore, so the local lab sends them to Germany. It does not improve the price of processing either. :(

Contax 645 / Zeiss Distagon 35mm f3.5 / Rollei CR200
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 06:07:26 PM »
I just picked up a roll of Rollei CR200 from the lab, it's been sitting in a cupboard since last September. There are no labs in Norway that processes slide film anymore, so the local lab sends them to Germany. It does not improve the price of processing either. :(

I like the colors. The only roll of CR200 I've shot came back extremely yellow-ish. Did you use a cooling/corrective filter or adjusted at all after scanning?

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 06:15:17 PM »
Hi all, these shot at an exhibition Burberry held in London with the Henry Moore Foundation.

M6, Neopan 400, HC-110
Oh, how I  miss my lovely Neopan.  :(

Henry Moore Burberry exhibition London
by Nigel Rumsey, on Flickr

Henry Moore Burberry exhibition London
by Nigel Rumsey, on Flickr
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »
Leica M6, 35mm Summicron, Portra 400

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 07:29:10 PM »
Rolleiflex Automat with Ilford Delta 100 developed in Beer.

USS Kitty Hawk by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Knot by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

I used a Rondo Close-Up II attachement for this one.  The little bugger wouldn't hold still for me.
Spider Crab by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 08:24:39 PM »
A few shots from a family holiday last week in Bled, Slovenia:

View from Bled Castle, Slovenia
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

The church on Bled Island

Ferryboats

All taken with a Fujifilm GA645Zi and Portra 400.

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 08:46:43 PM »

I like the colors. The only roll of CR200 I've shot came back extremely yellow-ish. Did you use a cooling/corrective filter or adjusted at all after scanning?

The film base of the CR200 is yellow, which I find quite strange. No filters used, but I've set the white point in Lightroom and adjusted highlights and shadows.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 11:18:14 PM »
Miguel, I love that "happy accident" light leak! It almost looks like a double exposure!

Kai, sounds like you're going to have to start processing E6 at home. I don't do E6, but it's just one more bath than C41, how hard could it be? ;D

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 01:04:48 AM »
Miguel, I love that "happy accident" light leak! It almost looks like a double exposure!

Kai, sounds like you're going to have to start processing E6 at home. I don't do E6, but it's just one more bath than C41, how hard could it be? ;D

Thanks! It was technically supposed to be a double exposure, however, I forgot that I had set it up and instead of taking a picture of something else, I simply changed the aperture and snapped another shot at the ducks.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 01:14:56 AM »

Thanks! It was technically supposed to be a double exposure, however, I forgot that I had set it up and instead of taking a picture of something else, I simply changed the aperture and snapped another shot at the ducks.

Well that explains THAT ;D

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 06:30:34 PM »
Tri-X 400 in a Kodak 35 (non-RF version). Dev'd in my-tol (diy X-tol).
I think this is a pretty good lens on this old timer.

Planter by James Harr, on Flickr
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 11:04:49 AM »
So many pictures I like this week! Diane's Manequins, Bryan's Crab, Kevin's window view, Reinhold's glamourous couple...  8)
I am trying to free my film fridge of the bulky polaroid packages. Sunflower on Polaroid type 55, expired 2008

Sunflower1 by Manuel Lion, on Flickr

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 11:34:16 AM »
Kevin, if I'd known you were going to Slovenia I could have pointed you to any number of interesting spots - I've spent quite a lot of time there. Did you make it out to Bohinj or any of the surrounding area, or were you strictly in Bled?
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2017, 05:06:30 PM »

I live in Bucks County... Let me know if you'd like to grab a beer(s) or something to eat at some point! I'm always trying to meet more photographers in the area!

Deal!  Let's do it.  Beer and cameras can't be wrong.

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 10:56:30 PM »
Kevin, if I'd known you were going to Slovenia I could have pointed you to any number of interesting spots - I've spent quite a lot of time there. Did you make it out to Bohinj or any of the surrounding area, or were you strictly in Bled?
We stayed a week in Bled and went on trips to Ljubjana, Vintgar Gorge, the Postojna caves, etc - but I missed a trip to the mountains due to my son being poorly. So Bohinj will have to wait for another year.

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 12:57:11 AM »
We stayed a week in Bled and went on trips to Ljubjana, Vintgar Gorge, the Postojna caves, etc - but I missed a trip to the mountains due to my son being poorly. So Bohinj will have to wait for another year.

Well, at least you got to see some of the main attractions. I hear Ljubljana is overflowing with tourists this summer.

When you get back, drive up the Soca valley through Kobarid (good WWI museum there), then over the pass at Vrsic. Switchback cobblestone mountain road built by Russia POWs in WWI. Also check out the coast - Piran is wonderful, though even more of a tourist draw in season than Ljubljana.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »

Well, at least you got to see some of the main attractions. I hear Ljubljana is overflowing with tourists this summer.

When you get back, drive up the Soca valley through Kobarid (good WWI museum there), then over the pass at Vrsic.

I did go over the Vrsic pass on the way to Salzburg airport - at 5am in the dark. The coach went that way to avoid long queues at the Karawanke tunnel as the Austrians have reinstated border controls there.