Author Topic: Mods Gallery  (Read 611 times)

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
Mods Gallery
« on: August 05, 2017, 08:58:24 PM »
You've probably seen 'em all before but I've just put together a page of camera mods and builds that I've worked on together with a sample shot from each.  The sample is usually one of the better images so it's not always from the same year as the build !!

I think everything of substance is there from 2003 onwards, though I haven't bothered including straight body caps or the meniscus mount I occasionally use on my digital (I remembered I already had a pic of it, so ...).  Half of the older ones have since gone, either to another home or to recycling heaven.

http://www.sandehalynch.com/galleries/cameraderie/index.php

I'm off to the Solarsphere astronomy and music festival in Powys next week.  If the weather holds the 6x9 pinhole will get some exercise.  :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:28:16 PM by Sandeha Lynch »

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: Mods Gallery
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 10:44:46 PM »
Oh yeah, I remember a few of these...
I should really get back to making some contraptions.
But now I'm busy building a workshop of my own so I don't have to risk injury in my dad's super cluttered and dangerous dump garage.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

John Robison

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 04:31:39 PM »
That's fantastic. Love camera hacking & building myself, more than even using. Was just off to the hardware store last evening looking  for some ABS plumbing fittings to attach a newly arrived helical to my little 60mm refractor. Found what I needed and now I can mount any M42 mount body to that 700mm air spaced doublet. Don't have any idea what I'd use it for.........but that's not the point is it.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 05:08:59 PM »
That's fantastic. Love camera hacking & building myself, more than even using. Was just off to the hardware store last evening looking  for some ABS plumbing fittings to attach a newly arrived helical to my little 60mm refractor. Found what I needed and now I can mount any M42 mount body to that 700mm air spaced doublet. Don't have any idea what I'd use it for.........but that's not the point is it.

LOL.  Indeed.  To anyone who asks I always say, "Research is its own reward."

That usually keeps them quiet.   ;D