Author Topic: irv_b, MauelL & cs1 on a walk through the Peak District  (Read 3305 times)

cs1

• Self-Coat
irv_b, MauelL & cs1 on a walk through the Peak District
« on: July 15, 2017, 02:39:02 PM »
irv_b, ManuelL and I had the opportunity to meet in the Peak District. We went on a walk at Beeley Moor and we had a wonderful day. The weather and the conversations were delightful. I shot 120 film with my Lipca Rollop and also 135 film with my Canon F-1. I'll start with my b&w pictures and irv_b and ManuelL will contribute their shots in separate posts.

Beeley Moor is west of Chesterfield and south of Chatsworth House which is quite a known tourist attraction in the Peak District. While the landscape is mainly characterised by meadows where sheep and cows graze and which are enclosed by beautiful stone walls, there's also moor land with fern as well as woods which often have little streams running through them. We started our walk at a small wood and followed along a stream which flows over a number of cascades. When we left the wood, we came to a beautiful sunny meadow. What I like a lot about the Peak District is the fact that there're many single trees which grow freely without being cut or restricted by other trees. They develop a wonderful and rich shape and they're very photogenic.

Tree & Gate by C S
Canon F-1, Fomapan 400 in Rodinal

There're many public footpaths leading through the meadows and very often you pass by cows and other farm animals that graze right next to you. When you reach the end of one meadow you pass through little gates where the footpath continues in the next meadow. We were lucky to have had sun, blue sky but also clouds that made they sky much more interesting.

Cow in front of Tree Arch by C S

No title by C S

To be continued...

irv_b

• Self-Coat
Re: irv_b, MauelL & cs1 on a walk through the Peak District
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 06:23:32 PM »
Many thanks to Manuel and Christian for their company on the walk it was well worth the 8 hour round trip. I took the trusty Linhof 4x5 with some Delta 100 Provia 100f and some Formapan 200 which I didn't get to shoot. In all I only shot 4 times and I regret not bringing a smaller camera to shoot with like Christian did although it did give us time to natter and not get too distacted. It was a very enjoyable day finished off with an ice cream ;D

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 10:55:19 AM »
Great shots from both of you! It was great meeting you, Irv. I had a lot of fun during our walk. As it turned out my self built camera was a bit wide for the chaotic forest shots. I like your focused details much better. But here are the 4x5s anyway, one on Portra 160 and one on Delta 100.

stream 1
by Manuel Lion, on Flickr

stream 2

For the shots in the meadows I took my Rolleiflex 3.5f. I got the camera shortly before the vacation and really love using it. Very simple and handy.

Sunny sky

Lone tree

The last one is an over head shot with the Rolleiflex for which CS1 had to assist me so I didn't lose my balance.

Dry wall and tree

Hope I will be able to meet more of you filmwasters in future.  :)

cs1

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 11:40:46 AM »
Great shots, Irv and Manuel! :) It's nice to see that the photos are so different despite the fact that we took them in the same area. I really appreciate this diversity. And the Peak District is just incredibly beautiful and full of interesting sceneries.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 12:13:13 AM »
What a lovely set of shots. I agree that the perspectives of three different photographers walking along the same path and shooting what they see is very interesting. Thanks all for taking the time, making the effort and sharing your results.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

cs1

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 08:52:51 AM »
I got the slide films from the lab this week. Here's the last photo that I would like to share from our photo walk.

Stream at Beeley Moor by C S
Lipca Rollop, Fuji Velvia 100
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 08:55:33 AM by cs1 »

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 02:35:27 PM »
Lovely shot to finish on Christian.
Great shot all round from you guys -I'm looking forward to next time already.