Author Topic: Polaroid/Instax question(s)  (Read 788 times)

lharby

• Hi
    • slackwise
Polaroid/Instax question(s)
« on: July 02, 2017, 08:10:03 PM »
1. Does anyone know if there are plans for Fuji to release Instax monochrome in the wide format?

2. Has anyone extracted the actual 'print' from an integral Instax image. Is it possible?

I ask as I am keen to try out black and white instant, and hand-tint the photographs. FP3000B would actually be preferable, but I am not sure what the going rate is for FP3000B or how out of date it will be now, but going to check out this option.
Everything should be tried once except incest and folk dancing.

lharby

• Hi
    • slackwise
Re: Polaroid/Instax question(s)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 08:26:32 PM »
FP3000B = £45 per pack, what little there is.
Everything should be tried once except incest and folk dancing.

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: Polaroid/Instax question(s)
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 10:38:29 PM »
I don't know if they plan on releasing the monochrome version in wide format, but on my part even if they did I wouldn't care much for it.
I tried it in mini format and was seriously disappointed. The prints don't have the nice tonal range and crispness that the FP100B or FP1000B had. It's more what I would call a low saturation print than a B&W one. When you look at the prints, they look as if there's something wrong with them. When you scan them, you see some colors appear as if by magic. The colors are there in the emulsion but only B&W dyes are on the final print, so the image doesn't look pure.
It's kinda hard to explain, but if you want an idea, take a color image in Photoshop and use the saturation slider do desaturate at maybe 90% and you'll know what I mean.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.