Author Topic: Ferry Wide  (Read 2435 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Ferry Wide
« on: June 26, 2017, 09:52:07 PM »
I've been working on a site across the Puget Sound from where I live since early last year.  We're working 6 days/week 10 hours/day so I've been staying close to the site and only going home on Saturday after work.  On Sunday evening I head back over on the ferry which gives me a good opportunity to shoot some film.  You may have noticed that I have shot many pictures during my ferry commutes lately (more to come). 

I finally figured out what was causing the last of the light leaks in my KMZ FT-2 so I took it on a few ferry trips.  These were all shot on a roll of expired Recordak Dacomatic Microfilm that I got from James a while back.  I chose this film because the FT-2 works best with a slow film and this film is best shot at 25 ISO.  The film was developed in Beerenol (Pabst Blue Ribbon beer).  Normally I use a tripod with this camera but this time I decided to shoot it handheld.  I was kind of hoping for a wavy effect from my not so steady hand but everything turned out almost as good as it would with a tripod. 

This is the foot passenger bridge at the Kingston ferry terminal.  I shot this hand held as I was waiting for my ferry to arrive.
Ferry Wide 1 by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

This is my ferry arriving at the Kingston Ferry terminal.  I steadied the camera on a railing for this shot.
Ferry Wide 2 by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Dolphin Piers and marina as my ferry was departing from the Kingston Ferry terminal.
Ferry Wide 3 by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Departing the Edmonds ferry terminal.  I also shot this with the camera resting on a railing. 
Ferry Wide 4 by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Ferry sun deck. 
Ferry Wide 5 by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 06:11:42 AM by Bryan »

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
Re: Ferry Wide
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 03:30:48 AM »
Nice set Bryan. Reminds me of many ferry rides I took when I lived in the area. The ultra-wide aspect of these really gives a good feel for the experience of an open ferry. Good job with the Dacomatic. I'm glad it cooperated with the beerinol.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
Re: Ferry Wide
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 08:17:21 PM »
Nice set and the wide aspect does it well!

It tells the story perfectly.

Beck