Author Topic: Under the sea  (Read 2884 times)

irv_b

• Self-Coat
Under the sea
« on: April 23, 2017, 09:05:22 PM »
Last month I went to Barbados and while I was there wanted to try some underwater photography while snorkelling.
 I did a bit of research and the overiding factor I got when reading up was that the distance under was 25% more than you realise when looking at something. So I tried to take this into consideration when shooting but those fishes are not very compliant when you try to take there picture  they just dont stay still and as slow as a turtle may be on land in the sea that thing is so effortlessly fast :-) and lastly it better to shoot in as shallow as possible anyway I had fun and I'll definately give it a go again next time

irv_b

• Self-Coat
Re: Under the sea
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 09:07:37 PM »
most of the shots have been cropped so the quality is top notch but it gives you an idea

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 09:08:36 PM »
Last couple thanks for looking

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 10:05:21 AM »
Great set Irv.  Really love the turtle shots - but, then, Lara and I are big fans of turtles.  A lot of the current (digital) underwater shots are very crisp and colourful but also "sterile".  I prefer the slight colour shifts and grain in your photos.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 08:43:47 PM »
Thanks Paul. I quite like them also but will endeavour to get closer next time

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 08:46:18 PM »
ooh, yes!
Another turtle lover here as well.
These are great!!!
 I like how they are more realistic than the uber focused over saturated digi stuff I've seen of underwater shots.
These just have a certain truth to them that I want to see a book full of this kind of work.

Truly nice!  I hope you have more!
Becky