Author Topic: weekend Mar 17 - 19  (Read 4579 times)

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
weekend Mar 17 - 19
« on: March 17, 2017, 06:13:25 AM »
Starting with some bricks today. More here if you like: http://www.filmwasters.com/forum/index.php?topic=9101.0

bricks and walls 6
by Imagesfrugales, on Flickr
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:15:14 AM by imagesfrugales »

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Re: weekend Mar 17 - 19
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 09:08:29 AM »
Brick ara a good foundation..

One shot from my new camera, the incredibly little and light Ricoh GR1s, oh my.. this really can be the street photogrpahy camera with its ¨snap¨ mode!!  ;D Tomorrow I am going to storm the big city with the little one  :o

Ricoh GR1 s Kodak TriX flash by calbisu, on Flickr

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 09:16:54 AM »
Some great shots to start with.  Love the bricks and that snap with the GR1s is a joy!

The GR1s is a fantastic tool ad the snap mode is really useful.  Moriyama used to shoot with one and it did him no harm  ;)
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 09:48:13 AM »
Great start, guys.

Yashica Mat 124, Foman200, D76.

mending_his_precious_boat by Miljenko Vrankovic, on Flickr
Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates, apache inside!

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 12:10:44 PM »
Hi all. I like the fact that this weekend's thread will be built on a solid brick foundation (or something). Nice  8)

Carlos: Have fun in the big city with the small camera. I lusted after a GR1 for years and then I got 2 and didn't like them. Crazy. Sold them on at a small profit and I'm really glad I tried them out, but it's still a total mystery to me as to why I didn't get on with them. In fact I didn't actually not like them, I just didn't use them enough to warrant keeping them when they had such a decent re-sale value.

Anyway, last weekend - inspired by the Taschen Polaroid book and buring to do something creative and slightly weird with the camera - I decided I was going to take some time out on Sunday to do some photography. I had an idea of getting the kids to draw on sheets of perspex with markers and then take portraits of them through the various layers. It was going to be awesome. Unfortunately, real life intervened and by the time I had my makeshift studio set up, the kids were SO not interested in getting involved. But I had the itch. I needed to press the shutter a few times and get it out of my system, so I resolved on a Plan B that involved taking a few photos of some beetroot. I know, right. Pff.

Tachihara field camera with Polacolor 125i.

Beetroot by Ed Wenn, on Flickr

Beetroot by Ed Wenn, on Flickr

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 12:45:43 PM »
Ed - Beetroot?!  You haven't got any "East Anglian" genes have you.....?  :o

Nice photos, though  ;)

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 12:56:32 PM »
It's Friday, and St. Pats Day as well...
Mine's an old parking lot that's a bit on the wild side from the Spotmatic F and 55mm 1.8 lens, which I am enjoying a lot now.
old T-max 100 in arista developer for 7 mins.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 12:59:24 PM by astrobeck »

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 02:38:01 PM »
Hi all. I like the fact that this weekend's thread will be built on a solid brick foundation (or something). Nice  8)

Carlos: Have fun in the big city with the small camera. I lusted after a GR1 for years and then I got 2 and didn't like them. Crazy. Sold them on at a small profit and I'm really glad I tried them out, but it's still a total mystery to me as to why I didn't get on with them. In fact I didn't actually not like them, I just didn't use them enough to warrant keeping them when they had such a decent re-sale value.

Anyway, last weekend - inspired by the Taschen Polaroid book and buring to do something creative and slightly weird with the camera - I decided I was going to take some time out on Sunday to do some photography. I had an idea of getting the kids to draw on sheets of perspex with markers and then take portraits of them through the various layers. It was going to be awesome. Unfortunately, real life intervened and by the time I had my makeshift studio set up, the kids were SO not interested in getting involved. But I had the itch. I needed to press the shutter a few times and get it out of my system, so I resolved on a Plan B that involved taking a few photos of some beetroot. I know, right. Pff.

;D ;D ;D yes, sometimes reality intervenes in our little master plans. 

Lets see what happens with the GR1, at least I am gonna give it a chance, or two! I thought the Contax G¡ was handy, but the Ricoh, may be too handy...  :P

Nice Beetroots!!  ;)

Blaxton

• Sheet Film
    • Flickr
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 02:38:25 PM »
The Wall, Thick as a Brick.  Sorry for the old man's rock references but I like the photo.

We had yet another snow cancellation day last week.  Cabin fever calls for desperate measures so I broke out one of my more bizarre camera rigs.  These two were made in my modified-for-35mm-film Brownie Hawkeye on Tri-X and developed in Caffenol C-L.  (The wide format works better for horizontal landscapes than for portraits, I think.)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/willblax/

There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method. -- Herman Melville

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 03:52:17 PM »
Blaxton, that's an interesting modification to the Hawkeye, have you tried flipping the lens with that configuration?

I shot some funny looking cows in North Dakota.

Olympus OM-2n Using a Zuiko MC Autozoom f/4 35-70mm lens.  Kodak Max Versatility 400, expired 09/2004.
Bison Heard by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Leica IIIa with a Leitz Elmar 5cm f/3.5 lens.  Kodak T-Max 400 developed in Caffenol C-H (rs).
Bison by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Mab

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 04:56:07 PM »
Minox GT | TMX100, Expired -07 | Rodinal 1+100

Springtime by Mab, on Flickr

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 05:03:54 PM »
Mab, that is a very nice shot!

Contax RX / Yashica ML Macro 100mm f3.5 / Expired Fujicolor Press exp. at box speed.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

chris667

• Peel Apart
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 06:20:59 PM »
This week, I have finally developed the film I ran through the Olympus XA I bought from Late Developer.

It's a little miracle, although it is a bit fiddly to use.

I took these with Ilford XP2. I'm building a darkroom next!

You've got to love the optimism of the local kids. Fair play to them.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:24:16 PM by chris667 »

chris667

• Peel Apart
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 06:26:21 PM »
This is the real Watership Down, the one the book was written about. White Hill and the Hannington Tower on the right, and Reading just on the horizon.

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 08:08:46 PM »
The Wall, Thick as a Brick.  Sorry for the old man's rock references but I like the photo.
Yeah, all in all we're just bricks in the wall

Thick as a brick, The wall, Those were the days my friend ... sigh!

Thanks everybody, great show!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 08:15:53 PM by imagesfrugales »

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 08:32:11 PM »
Ed - Beetroot?!  You haven't got any "East Anglian" genes have you.....?  :o

100% yes. I was born in Wisbech on the Norfolk/Cambridgeshire border and spent my teenage years in Ipswich.
 :D :D

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 11:35:50 PM »
Well, Chris667 has got more out of the first roll with my old XA than I ever did - probably because I could barely see the rangefinder patch.  Bravo - I really like his shot....!

A couple more from our trip to Bologna in February.  Leica MP + Ilford XP2 Super:

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 05:14:56 AM »
some rust and chrome from me this weekend. F100 with Delta 3200 @ 1600

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:24:16 AM by SLVR »

Flippy

• Sheet Film
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 06:47:43 AM »
Lab accidentally cross-processed my roll. I converted some images to B&W.

Untitled by Berang Berang, on Flickr

others I guess were interesting as they were:

Klaus

• Using 35 and 120, currently
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 12:28:55 PM »
First film developed in over 10 years - Kentmere 400 in Ilfosol 3 for7 minutes - some dust action in Elements.
This is 35mm used in the GW90iii wth the spool adaptor. There is some kind of problem on the left side (I could crop it out) - that's on every frame in the same position, doubt it's a light leak but will see the next time. Also some kind of reflections by the top sprockets maybe due o scanning - film not entirely flat.
Thanks for the advice in my scanning thread.

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 01:40:58 PM »
Two from me this week, of a couple of my favorite subjects: my older daughter with her new son; and her daughter. Both Leica M6, Summicron 50/2, Tri-X, lab processed and scanned.

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 03:23:04 PM »
One of the better portraits of my daughter. Svema make some interesting films and I think these would be difficult to wet print.

Delsas Party Barn Svema FN64 by Chad Herbert, on Flickr

This poor Karmann Ghia...a full roll cage was welded inside and comes out along the bottom of the door. I wonder what it looked like in its prime.

Twin Falls Ghia by Chad Herbert, on Flickr

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 05:23:26 PM »
Quite liking Reinhold's bricks and Becky's parking lot. Chad, that Ghia just makes me sad - a hardtop Ghia is a beautiful thing, and that it was a racer makes it that much more depressing to see it like that.

That said, mine is also a car that's seen better days. While it did not begin life as anything so appealing as the Karmann Ghia, or live so interesting a life as a race car, I suspect from its location that the last moments of its life were at least rather exciting...

Canon L1, Canon 50/1.5, HP5+ in Caffenol C-H(RS):

Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

kentish cob

• Peel Apart
  • I've a photographic memory, but it's out of film!
    • tony steers photography
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 09:23:11 PM »
The usual high standard all...
I've not had anything to bring to the weekend party for weeks... I really must up my game!

It was the shadows that drew me to this composition.
Nikon F4
Sigma 400mm f5.6 APO
Agfa precise CT100

A few more on the essays board if you're at all interested.
Merveille de Bollwiller.
A hardy, vigorous and productive variety with large nuts!

http://www.steers-gallery.co.uk/
http://www.putaframearoundit.co.uk/

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 04:55:52 PM »
Putting the funk In do' funk

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2017, 06:23:48 PM »
Tower Hamlets Cementary Park

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 10:59:23 PM »
Tower Hamlets Cementary Park

Ahhh, the dead centre of Tower Hamlets.  Looks about the only peaceful place in that parish.... ;)

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 08:03:05 AM »
That said, mine is also a car that's seen better days. While it did not begin life as anything so appealing as the Karmann Ghia, or live so interesting a life as a race car, I suspect from its location that the last moments of its life were at least rather exciting...

It´s beautiful when we make dead things look alive  ;)

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 06:10:20 PM »

It´s beautiful when we make dead things look alive  ;)

Thanks, calbisu.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 01:36:42 PM »
02pilot, that canon 50/1.5 lens sure renders the woods nicely. great 3d pop for this shot giving life to it and not just ending up in a big old mess with lots of trees everywhere

Putting the funk In do' funk

this is so good on so many levels :D rock it!

/jonas

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2017, 01:50:05 PM »
02pilot, that canon 50/1.5 lens sure renders the woods nicely. great 3d pop for this shot giving life to it and not just ending up in a big old mess with lots of trees everywhere

Yeah, it's a great lens that hasn't gotten as much use as it deserves. I've hauled it out recently as I'm working on a project that involves normal to long lenses (50-135) and I want a consistent look, so I'm using three Sonnar-type lenses: the Canon 50/1.5, and the Nikkor 85/2 and 135/3.5.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-