Author Topic: East Anglian Railway Museum  (Read 2328 times)

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
East Anglian Railway Museum
« on: March 11, 2017, 08:49:04 PM »
This place is a working museum insofar as they have a repair shop and it's also part of the Wakes Colne station that forms part of the branch line between Sudbury (Suffolk) and where that meets the East Anglian main line at Marks Tey. 

Lara and I were at a bit of a loose end as to what to do one wet and miserable Sunday when we decided to go and have a look at the EARM.  As it happens, it was a good idea because the miserable weather (February 2017) had kept most sane people in their homes.  We had, pretty-much, the whole place to ourselves.  This cheered Lara up because she hates people in her photos.  If I'm honest, for record shots like these, I have to agree with her.  In no particular order of the way they were taken, here's a selection of what I took.

My kit was: Leica MP + 28mm f2.8 Elmarit-M, 35mm and 50mm Summicrons and Kodak TMax (lab processed and tweaked a bit in Lightroom CC by me).

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:01:54 PM by Late Developer »
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: East Anglian Railway Museum
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 08:51:26 PM »
.....next 5

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 08:56:25 PM »
.....last 5

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:59:20 PM by Late Developer »

rpmdrd

• rpmdrd
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 05:14:23 AM »
I like a quiet museum with a few people as well. it not makes great photo ops but also provides more time to appreciate the place

Klaus

• Using 35 and 120, currently
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 02:52:52 PM »
Thanks for all those very interesting railway shots - still remember the old slam door trains.

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 09:20:52 AM »
Nice images. I specially like the last one.

I do not know what is it with train station, but always feet attracted to them. That never happened with airports...  :P

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 11:00:23 AM »
Nice images. I specially like the last one.

I do not know what is it with train station, but always feet attracted to them. That never happened with airports...  :P

Thank you Carlos, really glad you like them.  It was a surreal day as there were so few people there at that time.  Great conditions to get some good record / documentary shots as, from Easter, the place will be buzzing....

I know what you mean about airports.  I used to like photographing military aircraft at displays but, after a while, it tended to be the same ones at each show and only the weather conditions ever changed.  Also, I don't have my long lenses anymore.

Gimenosaiz

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 06:32:35 PM »
Hi!

Very nice series! I love trains ... I miss the chances to shoot some photos of trains, railways and stations, but I live far from none of these !

Agree!!!

Thank you ;-)
Cheers!
Antonio