Author Topic: Couple questions about a couple obscure cameras  (Read 1099 times)

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
Couple questions about a couple obscure cameras
« on: March 07, 2017, 11:54:11 PM »
I've encountered a pair of oddballs in the past few days, oddballs about which I know little. Knowing that there are people here filled with knowledge even more esoteric than my own, I figured this was the place to seek enlightenment.

First is a Kodak No.4 Screen Focus. Seems to have the wider roll film back; I don't know if the 4x5 back is integral or a separate part. My recollection says it had a Zeiss lens, but I can't find any reference to that, so perhaps it was Goerz. Seems fairly complete but tired. I'd be thinking about flipping it after a desperately-needed cleanup and service. Ideas about what it might be worth and any other useful info would be great.

Second is a Foca Universel with the 50/2.8. Looks interesting, but I wonder about the quality of the build and the character of the lens. Sample shots or anything regarding durability and optical qualities would be most appreciated.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/