Author Topic: Format Festival - Derby 24th March to 23rd April  (Read 985 times)

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Format Festival - Derby 24th March to 23rd April
« on: January 24, 2017, 03:27:10 PM »
Lara and I have been to the last few of these and there have been some very interesting talks, exhibitions and events.

Here's the link: 

http://www.formatfestival.com/

Lara and I will, almost certainly, be there on at least one of the days.  If any other FWers are going, just post when you'll be there so others can make arrangements to meet up.....
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

chris667

• Peel Apart
Re: Format Festival - Derby 24th March to 23rd April
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 05:32:55 PM »
It's only eight miles from my house!

I'd be up for meeting a fellow filmwaster. I'll probably go to a few events, if it fits in with work.

If any of you are travelling from London, are stopping somewhere for a night and don't mind setting off early, you can get a coach from Victoria Coach Station to Derby for £5. It's almost cheaper than parking here.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:39:30 PM by chris667 »

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 10:10:25 PM »
I'm only about 24 miles away and have gone to everyone since it started, one year i was working on the Museum referb and had to work all hours to get it finished on time also had a god chat to Brian Griffin while he was having a look round also met Bruce Gilden

lharby

• Hi
    • slackwise
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 10:29:19 AM »
I saw last years show 'Evidence' which was extremely good. Some very high calibre stuff there. Not sure If I can get up there this year, but we'll see.
Everything should be tried once except incest and folk dancing.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 10:52:41 AM »
They need to get a wriggle on to get details of what's on / where / when on the website so that we can decide what day(s) we want to attend.  I know it's still over a month away but we shouldn't be in a position where we miss out as a result of not being able to plan well-enough in advance......
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".