Author Topic: New production Ektachrome???  (Read 4246 times)

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
Re: New production Ektachrome???
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2017, 01:40:01 PM »
Does cross processing in c-41 ruin the chemistry, or can you continue using it on negative film as usual afterwards?

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2017, 03:53:56 PM »
Does cross processing in c-41 ruin the chemistry, or can you continue using it on negative film as usual afterwards?
It has no detrimental effect on the chemistry. You can continue using it as usual for CN or x-pro films.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2017, 07:16:32 PM »
It has no detrimental effect on the chemistry. You can continue using it as usual for CN or x-pro films.

Thanks.  I have some expired Astia/Velvia in the freezer and was hesitating spending money on fresh chemistry for expired films.  Onward!

Iaeaix

• 35mm
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2017, 08:23:12 PM »
I hope this will better the availability of slide film processing service.
I have some rolls of Slide film which I wanted to "waste" but I know I won't find a place to process them nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2017, 09:30:37 PM »
I have some rolls of Slide film which I wanted to "waste" but I know I won't find a place to process them nearby.

I don't know where you're located but there are plenty of mail order options in the U.S.

Iaeaix

• 35mm
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2017, 05:22:19 PM »

I don't know where you're located but there are plenty of mail order options in the U.S.

I'm in Canada, not so lucky :(

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2017, 09:20:15 PM »
Well... if you want to X-pro the film, there's a trick.
You take an old can of something like Kodak Gold and you re-spool the slide film in it before dropping it at the drugstore for 1 week processing.
It goes to a big lab where the workers won't really notice since the film is machine extracted and they always have fresh chems...

Just out of curiosity, what part of Canada are you in?
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2017, 10:05:52 PM »
There is still borealis in montreal and I believe there is an E6 processor on the west coast in vancouver as well.

Toronto there is Downtown camera which will send out your film to borealis but I believe there is a smaller lab doing small runs in the city. Cant remember the name off the top of my head.

I think the REAL trick is to download some of my film lablels I designed and stick those over top of your E6 canister for some cheap xpro.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2017, 10:33:54 PM »
I know Borealis are good. They also process all formats.
Francois

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2017, 12:35:17 AM »
yeah borealis does good work. If I dive into ektachrome when it gets released I'll be sending my film over there

AJShepherd

• Peel Apart
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2017, 10:19:39 PM »
Finally, there seems to be some movement on this story.

https://petapixel.com/2017/09/13/return-kodak-ektachrome-film-nigh/
and
http://www.thephoblographer.com/2017/09/12/kodak-working-towards-bringing-ektachrome-back-market-2018/

(but don't read the one on dpreview, it's full of people who would have cheerfully murdered every horse on the planet the moment the car was invented)

They're working on market testing by the end of the year, and full availability in 2018, with Kodak (NY) making the film and selling it in super 8 , and Kodak Alaris packaging and selling the 35mm film.

So things are afoot. Maybe I should start thinking about getting some second-hand 'rondex' mags for my old slide projector and make 2018 the year of the transparency?

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2017, 10:34:13 PM »
Or do like I did, I have a Kodak carousel with the stack loader accessory :)
Francois

MiguelCampano

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2017, 03:36:50 PM »
It will come back for medium format too, according to a source working in Rochester.

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2017, 05:04:12 PM »
Yay!

Faintandfuzzy

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2017, 06:44:53 PM »
Finally, there seems to be some movement on this story.

https://petapixel.com/2017/09/13/return-kodak-ektachrome-film-nigh/
and
http://www.thephoblographer.com/2017/09/12/kodak-working-towards-bringing-ektachrome-back-market-2018/

(but don't read the one on dpreview, it's full of people who would have cheerfully murdered every horse on the planet the moment the car was invented)

OMG...that is one of the funniest statements I've seen in a long time.  That said, cosidering DPReview's trolls and fanboys....also one of the most accurate!

I've got a bunch of Ektrachrome 100G in my freezer that I think I will start using as a way of celebrating!