Author Topic: a walk in the park  (Read 2692 times)

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
a walk in the park
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:00:48 AM »
On a cold, dull and dark autumn morning these pictures were taken within 10 minutes on my way to work.

The old Diana-F No. 162, the "original" from the 60s, just arrived the day before with a rusty shutter and a filthy dirty flash. After some tinkering I could get them working again smoothly, even the flash works fine with 2 simple AA batteries (not used here). I had to try out the plastic fantastic immediately the next morning. It takes 16 43x43 mm pics, I loaded an expired Delta400 and developed it for EI 800 in a homemade Xtol-like developer. I also couldn't resist to try some double or triple exposures. I love the results.

a walk in the park 1
by Imagesfrugales, on Flickr

a walk in the park 2

a walk in the park 3

a walk in the park 4

a walk in the park 5

a walk in the park 6

a walk in the park 7
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:04:20 AM by imagesfrugales »

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: a walk in the park
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:27:28 AM »
Great shots Reinhold, I can't believe you did that in 10 minutes.  I like the last one the best.  By the way, what a great walk to work!

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 03:25:36 PM »
That's a really nice set of Diana shots Reinhold, I think I like #3 the best. It is like a road into the side of a mountain. And I agree with Bryan, your commute is awesome!
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 04:46:30 PM »
Thank you Bryan and James. My working place is not far away from the Heidelberg castle. Mostly I take the bus, but sometimes, when I miss it, I ride the funicular and have to walk across the castle grounds. Not the worst place .... My favs are 4, 5 and 6, they have to be explored.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:53:02 PM by imagesfrugales »

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 04:14:40 PM »
Wow! A lovely set to be sure, but the last one definitely makes one think about possibilities along the same lines. I'm definitely going to be stealing this idea for my own experiments if that's OK with you, Rheinhold.

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 01:07:02 PM »
I'm definitely going to be stealing this idea for my own experiments if that's OK with you, Rheinhold.
I would be delighted, Ed.

Domingo A. Siliceo

• Personal blog
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 10:45:39 AM »
I really like the second ant third shots. Also, I find the process very appropriate to achieve a gloomy atmosphere.

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 09:29:49 PM »
Plastic fantastic!!!  ;D Yep, that last one is great

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 11:17:41 PM »
Thanks again for your encouragement, guys. Of course I like them all (otherwise I wouldn't have posted them), but my favorite is the next to last. Maybe because it's a bit more subtle and came out exactly as I planned (to be honest as most others to). I know, not the regular approach according to the lomographic societies 10 rules. But isn't breaking the rules one of them?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:19:46 PM by imagesfrugales »

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 11:48:54 PM »
I really like them all but the absolute standout, in my eyes, is the third shot.  My only suggestion for any "improvement" would be to sepia tone from a neutral mono (or process as neutral mono) as, for whatever reason, I'm sort of struggling with the yellowish/green hue.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 09:54:41 AM »
these sure gets the toycamera fan in me going! I've only shot the one (underexposed) roll in my original diana (wasn't it type 151?) so these are making me interested in getting it out again :)
/jonas