Author Topic: More found film! (of sorts...)  (Read 2966 times)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
More found film! (of sorts...)
« on: July 21, 2016, 08:56:25 PM »
Last year I was touring Europe with a band, and was fortunate enough to meet up with Volker in Frankfurt. He very generously gifted me about 10 rolls of film, most (all?) of which were original Agfa emulsions (mostly XRG, and a couple of Vistas). Unbeknownst to me, he shot through one of the rolls of Vista, and I finally got around to shooting it myself last week. Imagine my surprise when I pulled the film out of the developer and there were double exposures throughout the whole roll! ;D It had been so long that I almost forgot it was a Volker film, but finally at the end of the roll I saw an exposure of "Binding Brauerei", which Google tells me is in Frankfurt, so I put two and two together and wrote to him! Yes indeed, it was he who shot the film, and here is our one year late collaboration :)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:30:07 PM by Indofunk »

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Re: More found film! (of sorts...)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 08:57:17 PM »
Volker says "I shot these images with my canon 1v. The first two are @home, next ones are made in Karlsruhe inside ZKM (www.zkm.de) Next to the ZKM is a large cinema complex. (The building outside) . The last ones are shot out oft my office @work (Binding brewery).  The final ones show the Frankfurt skyline from  the office terrace."

That was very clever of you Volker :) Don't be surprised if the next roll of film I give away to a Filmwaster has a whole bunch of shots on it ;)

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 09:05:54 PM »
Some cool stuff, especially like the ones with the flowers and hanging strung ornaments(?)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 09:45:28 PM »
That's great Satish, I agree with Hookstrapped, on the flowers and strung ornaments.  The ones with the ornaments are very busy and confusing, cool effect. 

lharby

• Hi
    • slackwise
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 08:35:51 AM »
First shot is gorgeous, and lots of others are.

More of this please.
Everything should be tried once except incest and folk dancing.

Volker

• Peel Apart
    • www.dynamo.de
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 06:04:47 PM »
indeed, we did a great job. :D

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 02:29:03 AM »
I like the second shot. It looks like wrought iron over an accidental shot of a wall. The juxtaposition of the intentionally formal and the accidental is like a brain massage. This is a great collaboration. Maybe the next "Share the Film" thread will be "Share the Already Exposed Film"!
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 06:36:39 PM »
... This is a great collaboration. Maybe the next "Share the Film" thread will be "Share the Already Exposed Film"!

I like it!

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 09:57:10 PM »
... This is a great collaboration. Maybe the next "Share the Film" thread will be "Share the Already Exposed Film"!

I like it!

Yes. Let's make it a formal filmswap :)