Author Topic: Contax G1 and Jordan  (Read 2910 times)

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Contax G1 and Jordan
« on: November 18, 2016, 02:33:58 PM »
I spent 1 1/2 month in Jordan on an assignement (political). I brought with me two contag G1 bodies. I shot with the 28mm lens. I did not feet at ease shooting. All in all I shot 4 rolls.

Contax G1 28mm TriX by calbisu, on Flickr

Contax G1 28mm Trix by calbisu, on Flickr

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Re: Contax G1 and Jordan
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 02:38:12 PM »

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 02:44:58 PM »

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 04:41:15 PM »
Some lovely shots here, as always I especially like your people shots and admire how you manage to get their picture. Also some more fine shots on your flickr stream. The 2nd one here is simply amazing like the other night shots.

I see some bromide drags below the sprocket holes in the mosque picture, how did you develop the film - TriX?

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 05:48:06 PM »
Some lovely shots here, as always I especially like your people shots and admire how you manage to get their picture. Also some more fine shots on your flickr stream. The 2nd one here is simply amazing like the other night shots.

I see some bromide drags below the sprocket holes in the mosque picture, how did you develop the film - TriX?

hi there! It´s not easy to approach people. At least is not for me. Many times I cross somebody and then hesitate to ask for a shot, and then later on I come back to that very person and finally ask for permission  ::)
I think the drags are due to poor fixing, but not sure about it. Yes I use TriX but I had the same ¨problem¨ with Tmax.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 12:27:59 PM »
Hi Carlos, I'm only just catching up with the Photo Essays board after a few months so have a lot of cool stuff to get through. Some of these are lovely though. On first glance the three that stand out are the person sitting in a chair on the road (presumably guarding a parking spot?), the lone figure running across empty ground (or is it a rooftop?) and the man with the fat nose and friendly smile who looks like he's in his shop.

I will go through them a few more times, but these stood out straight away.

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 10:33:55 AM »
Hi Carlos, I'm only just catching up with the Photo Essays board after a few months so have a lot of cool stuff to get through. Some of these are lovely though. On first glance the three that stand out are the person sitting in a chair on the road (presumably guarding a parking spot?), the lone figure running across empty ground (or is it a rooftop?) and the man with the fat nose and friendly smile who looks like he's in his shop.

I will go through them a few more times, but these stood out straight away.

Hi Ed! Yep, the person sitting in a chair was in fact guarding the parking, there is another person on his right (you can see his leg). It was the person he was chatting with. The lone figure running, I was just walking around, saw the person running and I had time to take out the little contax from its purse and shoot at him. The man with the fat nose was working in his bakery. I passed by and then I retraced my steps and asked for his permission as shooting at him unnoticed was just not possible  ;)