Author Topic: Contax G1 and a motorhome  (Read 1822 times)

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Contax G1 and a motorhome
« on: June 15, 2016, 04:49:47 PM »
This was my first Motorhome experience with a couple of friends and their kid. All in all it was OK, not sure I will repeat the experiment though, I think a van will do. In Spain and France there are too many restrictions to where you can park and sleep, so the freedom is supoposed to come together with the motorhome experience just vanishes.. as usual the Contax G1 with the 28mm, first I shot with a tmax 400 pushed to 1600, the second roll it was plain tmax 400, shots are mixed  ::)

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:53:14 PM by calbisu »

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Re: Contax G1 and a motorhome
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 04:51:10 PM »
And a few more : )

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 11:07:53 AM »
Carlos,

I don't know how I missed this but it's an excellent series. 

I only ever went on 2 caravanning holidays with my parents and hated both.  There's something intrinsically wrong (IMO) about cramming whole families into a small metal box and expecting it to be an enjoyable and entertaining experience.  Give me a solo tent anytime.....

I suspect that the laws are strict - but not specifically for holidaymakers - but primarily to avoid so-called "Travellers" from pitching up and creating a long-term / semi-permanent encampment wherever and whenever they choose.  This time of year, we sometimes get some taking over an open space near to where I live and, by the time they've been evicted, the place is a total mess and costs a fortune to clean up.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 05:18:54 PM »
I only ever went on 2 caravanning holidays with my parents and hated both.  There's something intrinsically wrong (IMO) about cramming whole families into a small metal box and expecting it to be an enjoyable and entertaining experience.  Give me a solo tent anytime.....

I suspect that the laws are strict - but not specifically for holidaymakers - but primarily to avoid so-called "Travellers" from pitching up and creating a long-term / semi-permanent encampment wherever and whenever they choose.  This time of year, we sometimes get some taking over an open space near to where I live and, by the time they've been evicted, the place is a total mess and costs a fortune to clean up.

The world of motorhomes, I guess its like when they try to sell you a 300 horsepower car and recommend you to ejnoy driving, when in most of the case you cannot exceed 90 or 100 km/h  :P