Author Topic: Lomo film  (Read 2784 times)

Domingo A. Siliceo

• Personal blog
Lomo film
« on: April 04, 2016, 08:52:30 AM »
I do not usually shot colour film, mainly because I'm not capable of a good scanning work and have serious problems with colour temperature - but, occasionally, if I collect a roll, like it a lot and try to do my best.

I see the world in colour. Thanks to the magnificent light we have in the Mediterranean coast of Spain, colours are brilliantly coloured and offer big chances to turn boring and dull scenes in interesting images.

These are some eclectic photos from a Lomo roll exposed with my Agfa Isolette III scanned by a professional lab. Hope you like it.

and some folk portraiture

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
Re: Lomo film
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 03:18:49 PM »
I really like the photos AND the color palette.  Which Lomo film did you use exactly?

Domingo A. Siliceo

• Personal blog
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 03:45:00 PM »
[...]
Which Lomo film did you use exactly?

thanks, Peter.

The roll was a gift and didn't see the box, but I'm almost sure this is the film.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 03:57:28 PM »
Domingo, those are really nice. I especially like the last one of the ladies making nets. I also have an Isolette III and love using it. I haven't shot any color film with it, but your shots may just inspire me to get some and load it up. Thanks for sharing these.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 04:06:20 AM »
Wow, those are beautiful colors! Very nice set :)
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Domingo A. Siliceo

• Personal blog
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 08:37:05 AM »
Thanks all.

Gimenosaiz

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 06:04:58 PM »
Hello !

Thanks for sharing these photographs. I didn't know this Lomo color roll. It seems pretty good ... and it's not expensive. Another option!
I love you eclectic photos!! I agree: " colours are brilliantly coloured and offer big chances to turn boring and dull scenes in interesting images" Chapeau !

Ummm, I own an Isolette III, but the bellows has some small holes (very small indeed) ... enough to produce annoying light leaks.

Cheers!
Antonio

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 06:33:03 PM »
Ummm, I own an Isolette III, but the bellows has some small holes (very small indeed) ... enough to produce annoying light leaks.

Just about every Isolette original bellows has pinholes. They must have used cheap materials. The simple solution is to contact our own Sandeha Lynch and order a brand new beautiful bellows and replace it. It's a great camera you will love using.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Gimenosaiz

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 05:55:44 PM »

Just about every Isolette original bellows has pinholes. They must have used cheap materials. The simple solution is to contact our own Sandeha Lynch and order a brand new beautiful bellows and replace it. It's a great camera you will love using.

Hehe, yes I'll do it !

Thanks!
Antonio

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 12:48:08 PM »
Really like these but the last one really floats my boat, stylistically.  The older I get, the more I seem to be interested in street scenes.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Domingo A. Siliceo

• Personal blog
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 08:24:18 AM »
Really like these but the last one really floats my boat, stylistically.
[...]

thanks very much.

I finally included that scene because the wider set of colours, but, curiously, it seems the preferred for most of you.

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 06:06:07 PM »
I join the choir and admire the 3 ladies pic.