Author Topic: Easter week in Spain  (Read 2845 times)

Gimenosaiz

Easter week in Spain
« on: April 01, 2016, 08:14:42 PM »
¡¡Hola!!

Photos 1-4 are from Cuenca Easter week -  Lipca Rollop Automatic - TMAX 400 - Perceptol
Cuenca is a wonderful old medieval city. It resembles to Toledo, in case you know this city.
As you probably know, the Easter week is one of the most typical catholic feast in Spain. Most of the cities and towns celebrate processions to represent the Passion of Christ.
Cuenca's processions are very special. My wife's family participate in one of this processions. This time my childre and my wife wore the robes of the "Cristo de la Agonía" brotherhood.

rosa by Antonio Gimeno, on Flickr

rosa by Antonio Gimeno, on Flickr

hermadad by Antonio Gimeno, on Flickr

hermadad by Antonio Gimeno, on Flickr

This other two are from my village ... The celebration is more primeval. It merges old iberian tribes rites with "modern" catholic liturgy. What you see are the "mayos". Large trunks that are "planted" in the village main place ...

5. ... "mayos" await :-) - Lipca Rollop Automatic - Delta 400 - ID11

castiel by Antonio Gimeno, on Flickr

6. ... the first one  - Lipca Rollop Automatic - Delta 400 - ID11

castiel by Antonio Gimeno, on Flickr

7. Finally (Spotmatic SPII with Flektogon 35/2.4):

mayos by Antonio Test, en Flickr

¡Saludos!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:29:42 PM by Gimenosaiz »

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
Re: Easter week in Spain
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 06:17:48 PM »
No reply so far? OK. Very authentic and documentary while also fine photography. The robes look rather scary, reminding me of times I'm glad we overcame at least in some parts of the world. Thanks for sharing these impressive pictures.

The Rollop obviously made a good job like the photographer did.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 06:19:27 PM by imagesfrugales »

Gimenosaiz

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 07:37:54 PM »
No reply so far? OK. Very authentic and documentary while also fine photography. The robes look rather scary, reminding me of times I'm glad we overcame at least in some parts of the world. Thanks for sharing these impressive pictures.

The Rollop obviously made a good job like the photographer did.
Hello!
Thanks a lot, Reinhold ... The Rollop surprised me !
Fortunately those robes are just a pious way to show respect for the celebration!!!

Thanks again!

Best regards from Spain.
Antonio

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 03:55:48 PM »
I especially like #6. So many people working together for a common purpose/celebration. That must be a really fun time. I am with Reinhold on the robes. Here in the US, they evoke images of racist extremism and not reverence for God. So those photos do indeed create an emotional response, but unfortunately not a good one.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Gimenosaiz

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 07:21:17 PM »
I especially like #6. So many people working together for a common purpose/celebration. That must be a really fun time. I am with Reinhold on the robes. Here in the US, they evoke images of racist extremism and not reverence for God. So those photos do indeed create an emotional response, but unfortunately not a good one.

Thank you for your comment.
I'm sorry about that emotional response ... Your Ku Klux Klan is a shame and our Semana Santa a cultural gift. A great difference ;-) Our robes are a sign of grief  and regret ... a pious sign.

Best regards from Spain!!!!
Antonio
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 07:23:15 PM by Gimenosaiz »

MacArron

• Wasting film...
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 04:05:49 PM »
Hi Antonio,

You know I already commented them in other forum... And I cannot remember what I said!!! :)

Anyway, good shots, not centered this time :-P though I would have used a wider lens if available to capture the whole street. I'm more of wide angle lenses...

Interesting and very well documented collection.

Regards,
Cameras to enjoy (I use them all):
Contax 139Q/Contax RX/Exa 1b/Exa 1c/Kowa Six

Gimenosaiz

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 07:56:05 PM »
Hi Antonio,

You know I already commented them in other forum... And I cannot remember what I said!!! :)

Anyway, good shots, not centered this time :-P though I would have used a wider lens if available to capture the whole street. I'm more of wide angle lenses...

Interesting and very well documented collection.

Regards,

Hello, Mr, MacArron!

Hahaha .... I don't remember what yoy said either ;-)
Thanks again, anyway.
Unfortunately I only had the lipca and its 80mm this time. Next year!

Best regards!!
Antonio

PD: Abrazos, amigo !

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 05:27:24 PM »
Liking number 2, I think everything just works as it should in that shot, and people look more pious than eerie, which is just good  ;D