Author Topic: Technoseum  (Read 1585 times)

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
Technoseum
« on: January 19, 2016, 08:09:05 AM »
There's a little story behind the story. About 3 years ago 2 friends and I visited the Technoseum in Mannheim, a museum for science and old machines etc. The focus was not on taking pictures but having a nice day with friends. Of course I couldn't resist and brought an Olympus XA for some snaps. Back home I didn't develop the film immediately and after a few days couldn't find it anymore. Sigh....

Then some days ago I found the lost film in a box with bits and peaces that I don't use often. There was even a small note attached about the location and I still had in mind the EI of 800. So I developed the TMax400 film yesterday in Emofin, 9 + 9 minutes. The results are not as fine as with fresh developed film, and the light was poor so some pictures show some camera shake, but I don't mind and enjoy the unexpected memories.

printing machine
by Imagesfrugales, on Flickr

machine

old barber shop

rest

car production

generator

generator

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Re: Technoseum
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 09:11:14 AM »
Nice and lucky finding!  ;)   
Is that a 911 targa?  ::)

Carlos

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 09:26:50 PM »
Thank you Carlos. A 911 targa? To be honest I don't know anymore and I found no info on the museums website. But it could be a 911. Weird associations with the number ......

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 10:04:26 PM »
Nice essay Reinhold, that looks like a museum I would enjoy.  I especially like the first shot, the closeup of the printing press.