Author Topic: 122 roll film and Ilford ULF 2016 run  (Read 978 times)

Ricardo Miranda

122 roll film and Ilford ULF 2016 run
« on: January 12, 2016, 05:17:50 PM »
 This came up on the APUG forum and I'm posting here to promote it:

Hi,
I am trying to drum up interest for 122 size roll film so that Ilford may get sufficient orders for their 2016 Ultra large format campaign to make it happen.
I wrote to David Abberley of Ilford a few months ago and he quoted his technical people as saying:
"The 122 format = 92mm slit width which fits within a 95.25mm wide wrapper / spool.
Theoretically we could finish this as a single slit (10m) if we can pattern the rest of the width to other formats.

Would much rather finish to 92mm width pattern though; less complex / prone to issues."

David recommended not using the sheet base which in last years ULF campaign was available as order number 1164756 FP4+ in 50ft length 9cm wide as it would be too difficult to roll. I have to agree!

He suggested I post on APUG to promote any interest there may be apart from myself!

I would be prepared to order 2 x 10metre rolls which is 2 x 393 inches and since in a 6 exp roll the film itself is 38 inches long this would yield 20 rolls if you have the backing paper.
I only have 9 original rolls and therefore backing paper to reuse.
My preference would be FP4+ but just as happy with HP5 or anything that is not aged 46 years or older! 6 rolls dated 1973 just went on eBay for $271.66 !!

I have no idea where to go from here as I believe the orders have to be made to accredited Ilford stockists only. Maybe if all those interested also wrote to Ilford they may make a run available to order for 2016

If there is a better place to post this please let me know, you never know if there is enough interest maybe New Ferrania will make some colour 122 as well

George

In short, if you want to get some 122 roll film and other derivative formats, please write an email to Harman's Technical department and let them know there is interest in it.
The email address is: technical (at) harmantechnology.com.
And, please, be prepared to put orders with the usual shops when the window for the 2016 ULF run opens later in the year.

Many thanks!