Author Topic: Julia  (Read 1993 times)

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
Julia
« on: September 16, 2015, 10:43:04 PM »
It was the last day of the big summer heat wave and at "only" 35 °C I could finally meet Julia for a photo session in the ruins of the Monastery of St. Michael: Wikipedia

Julia is a jazz and pop-jazz singer-songwriter and I took a lot of (digital) pictures of her before, during concerts. I know her since a couple of years, meeting her first in a small jazz club were I used to "work" off hours. Since about 1 year we talked about making some other pictures together, completely analogue,  and the almost 1000 years old ruins made a great scenery.

It was also the first shooting where I only used lo-fi equipment and color film, which I developed at home in a homebrewed color developer. People photography is always a challenge imo, and Julia made my "job" easy with her natural beauty and her cheerful manner. I only gave a few directions and she feared that her "posing" could look too artificial. But after a little while she moved completely uninhibited and relaxed. It was a beautiful "lazy sunday afternoon".

Shot with my diy meniscus lens, attached to a Minolta X-300, on Ektar 100, and my very first own camera, a Kodak Instamatic 50, on expired 126 format Ferrania Solaris 200.

Julia
by Imagesfrugales, on Flickr

Julia

Julia

Julia

Julia

Julia
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:02:13 PM by imagesfrugales »

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Re: Julia
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 02:01:08 PM »
Thank you for posting the full set! I loved the ones you posted in the weekend thread and I'm happy to see more :) Especially love the fourth one, it looks like she's floating through the air :)

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 03:08:36 PM »
Thank you very much, Satish. Here are the 2 from the WE thread plus another 2 to complete the series. Still some instant negs are waiting to be rescued.

Julia

Julia

Julia

Julia

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 05:12:12 PM »
It's a very nice set of portraits Reinhold. I can't choose a favorite, but #3 under the tree is the one I keep going back to look at. Thanks for sharing these.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 01:10:56 PM »
Thanks for sharing Reinhold. Agree with James, no. 3 is most likely my favourite. However no. 5 would come out the winner had you gone in a bit closer. Cropping may work too, but I suspect it would loose a bit of those dreamy edges.
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 05:15:28 PM »
For James and Eirik and everybody who likes it:

J again

At the end of our shooting we turned around and I noticed the beautiful backlight in the tree. But I didn't get that there were only 2 exposures remaining on the film. So these were the very last pics of the day.