Author Topic: The Gumball Rally 3000  (Read 1613 times)

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
The Gumball Rally 3000
« on: August 28, 2015, 03:48:33 PM »
We spent a long week end in Stockholm towards the end of May which happened to coincide with the start of the Gumball Rally  3000.

Large numbers of high performance cars - their paintwork ruined by sponsorship decals - were lined up in the centre of Stockholm whilst their owners revelled in the display of brash excess and whiled away the time before the departure by high fiving each other and stamping repeatedly on their car's accelerator pedal.  Crowds of locals and tourists gathered to gawp at the assembled motors whilst a DJ whipped the crowd into a frenzy and informed us (repeatedly) that Dolph Lundgren was "INDA HOUSE!!!!!"

The rally represents the triumph of cash over taste, but it made for an entertaining hour's spectating.

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
Re: The Gumball Rally 3000
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 03:49:16 PM »
Shot with a Mamiya 6 and a holga.

Kayos

• Peel Apart
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 04:35:33 PM »
Looks fantastic, cash and taste are often mutually exclusive :)

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 07:44:41 AM »
certainly an event :D a few of my work collegues heard about it and reminisced car shows where people actually drove the car there instead of keeping it in a trailer

I really like that last holga shot. it tops it off nicely with a bit more environmant included :)
/jonas