Author Topic: Kotor  (Read 2012 times)

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
Kotor
« on: August 11, 2015, 08:16:45 PM »
Kotor is a beautiful old town in Montenegro, in the gulf of the same name.

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
Re: Kotor
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 08:18:04 PM »
Some more shots

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 09:51:15 PM »
Wonderful set Charles. I especially enjoy shots 5 & 6. This place must really transport you back in time. Thanks for sharing it.

edit: Now that I look again. Shots 3 & 7 are also very good. In fact 1,2 and 8 are enjoyable as well!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:52:46 PM by jharr »
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

macfred

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 10:07:24 PM »
Beautiful series - love the dreamy mood !
The two masters is my favourite.

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 03:42:36 AM »
Really beautiful - the place and the pictures. I keep going back to look at them again, especially the boat (and okay, the kitties! ;D )
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 01:09:47 PM »
Thanks for your comments.  I thought the kittens might be popular.

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 02:08:31 PM »
Really atmospheric shots. I was in Dalmatia with limr a few years ago, and the architecture is virtually identical. I think I was in Kotor as a young child, but I really don't remember. That whole former Venetian coastline is in many ways frozen in time (well, aside from the megayachts...)

Did you arrive by boat or by land?
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 01:55:55 PM »
Really atmospheric shots. I was in Dalmatia with limr a few years ago, and the architecture is virtually identical. I think I was in Kotor as a young child, but I really don't remember. That whole former Venetian coastline is in many ways frozen in time (well, aside from the megayachts...)

Did you arrive by boat or by land?

We drove-  we hired a car and drove from Podgorica to Kotor, via Budva and then on to Perast and Herceg Novi before flying out from Dubrovnik.  I loved Montengro, stunning coast and mountains and the food and wine was superb.