Author Topic: Halloween Weekend 2022  (Read 2783 times)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Halloween Weekend 2022
« on: October 29, 2022, 07:11:56 AM »
A short trip for work to Southern California.  Leica IIIf with a Leitz Summitar 5cm f/2 lens.  The film is Ilford FP4+ developed in beer. 

I was on Balboa Pier in Newport Beach when this guy saw my camera.  He asked me to take his picture.  I told him it was film so he wouldn’t be able to see it right away.  I took it, then he left, I guess he just wanted his picture taken, didn’t care about seeing it.
Balboa Pier by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Foggy day on Balboa Peninsula.
Balboa Beach Fog by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Skate park in Long Beach
Bixby Skate Park by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Re: Halloween Weekend 2022
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 09:42:25 AM »
Very nice portrait, Bryan!

Here the autumn is progressing, birds are gathering for the long trek south and the last flowers are getting pummeled by strong winds.

Nikon F90 / AF Nikkor 1.4/50 / Adox HR-50 in Adox XT-3
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 12:05:30 PM »
Happy Weekend! Love the portrait, Bryan! Looks like a nice guy.

Some more from the Alps. Agfa Super Isolette, Ilford HP5+, developed in Adox XT3.

A wall with a view

Among Clouds

EarlJam

• Peel Apart
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 02:34:16 PM »
My dad with his younger siblings, Halloween 1930. The negative appears to be 122 format, so the camera was possibly a Kodak 3A Autographic.

grit

• Silver and Platinum (my YouTube channel)
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2022, 09:35:32 PM »
Finally developed a Minox cassette that I started in 2019; here are a couple fun frames.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 01:34:55 PM »
Finally developed a Minox cassette that I started in 2019; here are a couple fun frames.
You definitely got more success than I did with that cassette I had that was taken by my grandpa in the 1970's
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

grit

• Silver and Platinum (my YouTube channel)
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 01:55:24 PM »
You definitely got more success than I did with that cassette I had that was taken by my grandpa in the 1970's

Wow what a find! Too bad they didn't turn out. I will say, even 2019 feels like a different time. My roll was pretty hit and miss too, largely due to my overconfidence in my ability to handhold a slow shutter, but I ended up with 5 or 6 decent ones including a few pre-pandemic public spaces. The first one above was taken in the chocolate shop.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 07:46:42 PM »

Wow what a find! Too bad they didn't turn out. I will say, even 2019 feels like a different time. My roll was pretty hit and miss too, largely due to my overconfidence in my ability to handhold a slow shutter, but I ended up with 5 or 6 decent ones including a few pre-pandemic public spaces. The first one above was taken in the chocolate shop.
Yeah, the fog simply overwhelmed the images. I was really disappointed but there isn't much I could do.
At least it gave me a chance to print a custom Minox spool for my Paterson tank 😁
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2022, 10:49:08 PM »
Friday morning walkabout with some fellow local filmwasters.
This was near Old Town Albuquerque in a nice park that we ocassionally have meet ups at.
Holga 120S with deep yellow filter and tri-x developed in some leftover green tea I had from the coffee shop.
THis guy, Alex, metal detects most weekends and finds Civil War era stuff...buttons, a few canon balls, etc. Cool!

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 03:16:01 PM »
Last Thursday I had to go somewhere fairly nearby but hadn't been there before, and while checking the route saw a nearby park owned by the  National Trust. Been ages since I did any filmwasting, so put a roll of Rollei Retro 400S in my old Agfa Optima 335 (which still has functioning batteries!) and took that with me. While the main part of my journey was a bit of a fool's errand, at least I got some pics out of it!

collodion

• Aerostigmat
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2022, 05:11:23 PM »
We had some high overcast (good light) so I managed to get out into the forest and try out a odd lens.  This lens is meant for 70mm film so the vignetting is the actual image circle on 4x5.  ;D In this resized pic it doesn't appear very sharp, but the original is quite sharp.
Toyo 4x5, Elgeet Militar 76mm f2.8, Kodak Aerecon (Plus-X), Dektol.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 05:13:35 PM by collodion »
We are all just one big solar flare away from being on the cutting edge of technology....LONG LIVE FILM!!

Harvey

• Peel Apart
    • Meandering Extracts
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2022, 02:28:50 PM »
A bit late but I've just developed and scanned the roll. New to me Berlin, one of the Lomography films. Taken at the Hebden Bridge Pumpkin Festival a couple of weeks ago.