Author Topic: one camera one roll; Brighton Dome  (Read 1766 times)

irv_b

• Self-Coat
one camera one roll; Brighton Dome
« on: June 21, 2015, 10:05:22 PM »
I had a job down in Brighton in the week and the delivery was going to be late so I took advantage and thought why not get paid and take some photos.
Brighton Dome is a bit of an arts & cultural centre in a very cosmopolitan seaside town. It also has some lovely gardens which I didn't do justice - really the shot should have been in colour also I think that I over developed the roll.
 I think I shall return one day when I have more time, and use the 4x5 with tilts and swings to correct the distortions when using 28mm lens on the Pentax ME Super,  this was shot on with FP4+ sloppily devved in RO9 
Maybe we could one day have a day out in Brighton as a group get together It has the lanes, the seafront and of course the burnt out pier so lots to shoot. I did  take a stroll round after work so that will be in another essay later.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_Dome

irv_b

• Self-Coat
Re: one camera one roll; Brighton Dome
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 10:07:30 PM »
just a couple more

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 03:18:12 AM »
How did you get that perspective on the second and fourth shot? Is there an elevated viewing platform?

I'll read the Wiki in just a moment, but why is there Middle Eastern-looking architecture in England?

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 12:14:42 PM »
How did you get that perspective on the second and fourth shot? Is there an elevated viewing platform?

I'll read the Wiki in just a moment, but why is there Middle Eastern-looking architecture in England?

Great Britain had an empire upon which the sun never set.  This place was built for the buffoon son (the Prince of Wales - subsequently George IV) of Mad George (George III - the bloke who lost us America).  At the time, India and all things Indian was high fashion. It's an interesting building but, oh boy, is it ostentatious on the grandest scale.  I've been there a couple of times (when nearby on business in Brighton) and the level of expense required to build and furnish it is breathtaking.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 01:14:59 PM »

I did use  the 70-210mm zoom for some of the shots but I was more concerned about the one where the building look like it was falling back

I have never been inside but I can imagine that it is pretty grand,they didn't mind spending a bob or two back then for their own pleasure  :)