Author Topic: Playing with tilt and swing.  (Read 1625 times)

6cmsquare

Playing with tilt and swing.
« on: June 18, 2015, 05:57:53 AM »
I just finally got a nice right angle, ground glass viewing screen for my Mamiya Press.  So I can finally start figuring out my way around using the tilt and swing,

-in the alley shot I tried to go for a "subtile" minimal prospective correction. -the other two are more "full on" 

- only 3 photos, -when I only get 8 to a roll, getting 5 good ones seems nearly impossible. hell, getting 3 is hard enough.
“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”
-Hunter S. Thompson

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Re: Playing with tilt and swing.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 05:02:50 PM »
Tilt & swing fall into the category of "things I have absolutely no clue about" :P But I do love the photos! Especially the last one!

6cmsquare

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 05:34:45 PM »
Tilt & swing fall into the category of "things I have absolutely no clue about" :P But I do love the photos! Especially the last one!
-Me neither, but I'm determined to figure it out, or at least learn enough about it to fake it.
“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”
-Hunter S. Thompson

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 08:03:38 PM »
Like all the shots.  Can't pick a favourite as they're all great.

I'm going to be having a play with tilt and swing when I get round to playing with my MPP.  However, my intention is not to correct things but to deliberately distort - a bit like the "Lensbaby" effect.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".