Author Topic: What are you going to do with all that Power?  (Read 1777 times)

6cmsquare

What are you going to do with all that Power?
« on: June 11, 2015, 11:55:37 PM »
From a roll I shot earlier this week in Petaluma CA, very hazy morning, 1960 Mamiya Press camera, 65mm wide angle lens, PanF 50, RO9 1:50...
“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”
-Hunter S. Thompson

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: What are you going to do with all that Power?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:56:55 AM »
I've wondered often about doing a set based on pylons and sub-stations as the UK countryside is full of them.  For me, they're a real blot on the landscape but this set has swung my opinion round a bit as it's a cracker.  Keep 'em coming - really nice series.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

6cmsquare

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 05:44:02 PM »
I've wondered often about doing a set based on pylons and sub-stations as the UK countryside is full of them.  For me, they're a real blot on the landscape but this set has swung my opinion round a bit as it's a cracker.  Keep 'em coming - really nice series.
-Thanks, It was one of those "pull the car over- I'm inspired"  moments, I was heading out into the hills to shoot, which turned out to be really boring -I liked these much better.
“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”
-Hunter S. Thompson

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 01:24:11 PM »
Sometimes we just need to adapt to the circumstances.  The flat, steely-grey light works well with this sort of subject.  On a blue-sky, sunny day, they wouldn't have the "menace" these shots have.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".