Author Topic: One subject, one roll, one lens - Berwick upon Tweed  (Read 1537 times)

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
One subject, one roll, one lens - Berwick upon Tweed
« on: May 23, 2015, 01:10:18 PM »
After a visit to nearby Spittal to shoot some rock abstracts with the RZ67 I wandered around Berwick-upon-Tweed to test out an Olympus 35ECR rangefinder (see https://kevinthephotographer.wordpress.com/2012/05/05/equipment-olympus-35-ecr-rangefinder/)   with Fomapan 100 film. This was the first time I had used any Foma film; I wasn't totally impressed with the film but the images are growing on me. I was surprised by how grainy ISO100 fim can be but decided to "work with the grain" as it were and applied a hopefully vintage-looking tone in Lightroom

The roll was developed in TMax developer.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 01:22:21 PM by KevinAllan »

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
Re: One subject, one roll, one lens - Berwick upon Tweed
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 01:12:41 PM »
Berwick is near the border between England and Scotland and changed hands many times in past centuries. It has extensive fortifications, and architecture from many periods, including some fine Georgian town houses.

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
Re: One subject, one roll, one lens - Berwick upon Tweed
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 01:19:30 PM »
There are three bridges over the River Tweed. The one pictured below is the Royal Tweed Bridge, built in the 1920s. There is also a rail bridge called the Royal Border Bridge, and the oldest is the Berwick Bridge or Old Bridge which dates from the 17th Century.