Author Topic: Adventures in jharr's slide dup film  (Read 1362 times)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Adventures in jharr's slide dup film
« on: May 04, 2015, 05:05:17 PM »
A year (or more?) ago I traded James for some Ektachrome slide dup film he'd rolled. I think I've shot maybe 3 of those rolls so far? Can't quite remember. First roll was in Yellowstone National Park last year, and it came out a little faded and non-contrasty, as I figured old film like that should be. You can see the results here. In retrospect, it might have been due to old C41, because I just shot another roll of it and BANG it's vibrant and contrasty and beautiful. Very unlike myself, I didn't record what ISO I shot the Yellowstone roll at, but this last roll I shot at 25. That could also have been it, if I shot the previous roll at 50. Oh, last note, I did do a lot of color correction on these, but the color palate it gave me to work with was amazing, as the results show.

Anyways, enough words, here are some pictures! :D

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
Re: Adventures in jharr's slide dup film
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 09:18:14 PM »
Nice shots. I like this film so much. I have a roll in my Nikkormat FTn here next to me as I type. I am shooting this roll at 50, but I think I have shot it at 25 in the past and had very good results. I especially like your shot #7 with the Little Italy sign in the background. That is some really nice oof there. What camera/lens were you using?
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Re: Adventures in jharr's slide dup film
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 01:56:21 AM »
Thanks! I actually shot that fire call box/Little Italy sign twice ... the first time at a wide aperture because I was rushing, and then I walked a couple of blocks and thought that I had better get it again at a narrower aperture because I feared the sign would be too out of focus. But guess what? This was the first, shallower dof shot :D (it also has much better people action in it, the next one has a big white car in the middle :( )

These were taken with my lowly-yet-powerful Canonet 1.7/40mm :)