Author Topic: Ships and stuff...  (Read 1544 times)

6cmsquare

Ships and stuff...
« on: April 23, 2015, 04:35:48 AM »
Been trying to learn how to use my new V800 scanner.... some wet, some dry  -please pardon the crookedness
“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”
-Hunter S. Thompson

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: Ships and stuff...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 07:30:35 PM »
Really nice series.  Can't see anything problematic there....

Are the "wet" scans the ones with the film frames? I'd be interested to know how easy / difficult you found using the wet scanning technique and whether you found the results significantly different to the "dry" ones. What was drying the negatives like after being in the gloop?
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 03:37:47 AM »
Nice, I really like the night shots, especially the grain elevator with downtown in the background.

6cmsquare

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 04:35:02 AM »
Thank you! -and yes, the ones with the frame are wet scans. I like the results, but the clean-up is a bit of a hassle.
“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”
-Hunter S. Thompson

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 08:09:14 AM »
Thank you 6cmsquare.  I've looked and looked at the various scans, as posted, and I really can't see any noticeable difference between wet and dry.  The last scan looks very nice but whether that's simply because the software settings we're better suited to it or it was a wet scan is impossible to tell.  If you ever do a dry scan of that negative, it would be interesting to compare.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".