Author Topic: Filmwasters (US division) Annual NY "Hey, I'm Walkin' Here!" photowalk - 17th May 2015!  (Read 13021 times)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Terry, we were typing our responses at the same time! :D Great minds, etc ;)

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
The first thing that came to mind was "Cheap Trick: Live from Indukon".
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music

Terry

I was picturing some sort of Indian/Japanese convention based on religious cosplay.  People walking around dressed as Krishna or Ganesha

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Ready for tomorrow! (warning: d*****l pic)

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
What time are we meeting at Grand Central? (thread is tl/dr)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
TooEarlyForIndo O'clock

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
TooEarlyForIndo O'clock

1pm???
Even 5pm qualifies, so I guess I wasn't being too specific ...

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
TooEarlyForIndo O'clock

1pm???
Even 5pm qualifies, so I guess I wasn't being too specific ...

This reminds me of the time when you wouldn't answer a simple question and I was forced to read a petapixel article.  >:(

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
My suggestion was that you'd want the 10:43am train from GCT to Beacon. That get you in around lunchtime. If you're planning something later, let me know, as I was planning to be up there around noon.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
My suggestion was that you'd want the 10:43am train from GCT to Beacon. That get you in around lunchtime. If you're planning something later, let me know, as I was planning to be up there around noon.

Thank you!

Terry

Not to put too fine a point on it: 10:00 at the info booth

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
43 frikkin minutes early?? See you at 10:30 ;)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Ok, maybe 10:15 ;)

Weather looks to possibly be rainy tomorrow? Are there any indoor locations that would be fairly acceptable subjects if it rains too much? I mean, other than all the bars we'll be hitting :)

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
Little foggy up here right now, but the forecast says clouds, not rain. Which is good, as this is pretty much an outdoor destination. I think we'll be OK.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Sunny here in Astoria! :) I'll try to bring some of the sun upstate if I can find room in my bag ;)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Cool! This means we had two Filmwasters meet-ups on the same day  8) :) :)  There were about 10 of us in London at Photographica (and the pub down the road) and you lot across The Pond in NY. We had a great day. Hope yours was just as enjoyable.

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
Cool! This means we had two Filmwasters meet-ups on the same day  8) :) :)  There were about 10 of us in London at Photographica (and the pub down the road) and you lot across The Pond in NY. We had a great day. Hope yours was just as enjoyable.

Despite the heat (though Satish might say because of the heat ;) ), I think we NY/NJ filmwasters had a pretty great day. We started out with lunch and a pub, finished up with a different pub, and there was lots of wandering and shutter-clicking in between :)

I hadn't realized that the London meet was today, too! Perhaps we all made Filmwaster history today ;) Glad you all enjoyed yourselves. You reckon we should we have joint or separate photo threads? Either way, it'll be interesting to see what we were all shooting today!
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
The only problem I had was, I was constantly in doubt. Since there was nobody to assure me that there was no doubt :(

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
I'm bummed I missed this. I need to check in more often. BTW, the next time you guys want to do something I can host you at the B&H EVent Space.

Terry

Sadly the London-to-Beacon satellite link went down and we had to scrub the live transmission.  I hope the UK Branch took lots of envy-inducing photos of Photgraphica...

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
I'm bummed I missed this. I need to check in more often. BTW, the next time you guys want to do something I can host you at the B&H EVent Space.

Sorry you missed it, and thanks for the offer. I think it may be time for us to do something in the city for our next get-together, so hopefully you'll be able to join us.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Terry

I think we should do Satish's neighborhood.  I hear there's a great Welsh Trappist restaurant there.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Oh damn, we could all go there and take pictures of it whilst standing on the sidewalk. Six filmwasters vs 2 thugs? Fair battle if you ask me! Bring your heaviest bludgeoning cameras!!