Author Topic: one subject - one roll - M  (Read 1409 times)

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
one subject - one roll - M
« on: April 13, 2015, 09:48:43 PM »
... one camera, one lens.

Because of a mishap I can use my left hand only to a limited extend at the moment. Manual focus with that hand is not a good idea. So I decided to "reanimate" my Minolta Dynax (Maxxum) 700si for a portrait shooting with M, who surely is not a pro model but an "ordinary" young woman. She's also interested in photography and besides digital likes to waste some film.

Lens was the fantastic Sigma 2.8-3.5/75-200, mostly wide open. With the Agfaphoto APX100 "new" made by Harman/Ilford (similar to Kentmere/RPX100) shot @ 100 I got exposures  of about 1/200 to 1/2000 sec. so camera shake should be no problem. Developed in Parodinal 1:50.

I was looking for very close, almost intimate pictures. For the first 3 pictures shown here we were under a tree to avoid a too harsh lighting. Shooting portraits outdoors in full sunlight is always a challenge. Warming up.....

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
Re: one subject - one roll - M
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 09:57:30 PM »
Finally we were inside a greenhouse, one of those half barrel shaped ones with white transparent plastic foil, making a very bright but soft light. I also changed to a more contrasty postprocessing (negative scans). The last one is my favorite and what I wanted to achieve.

Thanks for watching.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 11:01:21 PM »
The last 3 are all quite good. The high contrast definitely gets your attention and the model seems to be very relaxed and natural in front of the camera. Congratulations to both of you for making some very nice portraits.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 11:17:44 PM »
Yes, I like those last two best as well. High contrast works well for fashiony shots.