Author Topic: One subject, one roll, one lens - Newcastle-Gateshead Quayside  (Read 1467 times)

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
Unusually I went out on this trip with only the 50mm wideangle fitted to the Mamiya RZ67. There was a good reason, which was that I was planning to shoot a roll of redscaled 35mm film in one of this plastic thingies - but I haven't developed that roll yet, and the the film transport was very rough and gave up completely after 8 shots. So here's a few I took on another film back, with Tri-X, developed in TMax developer.

KevinAllan

• Sheet Film
    • kevinthephotographer
Re: One subject, one roll, one lens - Newcastle-Gateshead Quayside
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 08:01:53 PM »
The first image in this post is Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art; I'm afraid I like the building more than the shows; after years of visiting I've only seen one exhibition I really liked, which was Antony Gormley's Domain Field

The other two shots are the Sage concert venue, which is a great building which imposes no restrictions on photography (except in the arenas during performances) - even using a tripod won't even raise an eyebrow.

Kayos

• Peel Apart
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 08:50:18 PM »
Fantastic shots, not been up that way for years, I love the one with the "winking eye" bridge in the background.

I'm a fan of one lens, I did the same today, except I used 2 cameras with the same lens, does that count?

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 11:42:51 PM »
Great set, Kevin.  Lots of changes since I lived there (1988 - 1995) but lots of recognisable landmarks, too.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".