Author Topic: Bowyer's Water  (Read 2321 times)

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
Bowyer's Water
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:11:26 PM »
Bowyer's Water is a gravel pit near Cheshunt which forms part of the Lea Valley Nature Park.  I pass Bowyer's Water every morning on the train into work and for the last couple of months I have thought of taking some photographs of the freshly cut back trees and the second world war bunker to be found on it's western edge every time the train passes Cheshunt station.

Last Saturday I decided to do just that and so I took my Mamiya Universal Press (pressed back into service after several years) and a couple of holgas and loaded them with four rolls of Efke IR820 and drove to Cheshunt.

These are the results.

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
Re: Bowyer's Water
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 08:14:22 PM »
You can see the full set here. 

http://charlesbinnslandscapephotography.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/bowyers-water.html

I now have 6 rolls of Efke IR820 left.  They are 1 year past their expiry date and have lost about one stop of sensitivity and I'll be sorry to use the last of them, but I know exactly what I'll shoot with them.

mono

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 10:56:10 AM »
Interesting series, Charles!

imagesfrugales

• Sheet Film
  • coffeewaster
    • The Caffenol Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 02:10:48 PM »
Always a big pleasure to see what you do with your Holgas and the IR820.

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 09:25:20 AM »
I really like the athmosphere of the 2nd and last one in the second series.
I have never tried IR film. I find it a be exagerated in many cases, but in your shots it works very well.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 06:31:12 PM »
Hi Charles.  I see what you mean about trees and IR film. If they'd been in full leaf, it would have been a very bright shot.  The gloom really adds to this series.  Nice one....
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".