Author Topic: One Subject, One Roll: Skin  (Read 1543 times)

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
One Subject, One Roll: Skin
« on: March 24, 2015, 11:27:56 PM »
These were with Ilford HP5, and a Zenit EM with a bellows attached. I don't have a cable release at the moment so many images were a bit wobbly, but apart from the scan line, I like the abstract nature of these.

verianthomas.com
Last Updated: 21/11/2014
Instagrrrrrrrram & Flickr: verian67
Twitter: verian

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
Re: One Subject, One Roll: Skin
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 09:31:54 AM »
Great series! Did you use a Flash? I am actually surprised how little motion blur you have in thes photos.

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 09:36:35 AM »
Great series! Did you use a Flash? I am actually surprised how little motion blur you have in thes photos.

Thank you. I didn't use a flash, I used three daylight bulbs that were permanently on. I was pretty surprised that it wasn't just grey rectangles! I did some others as well, of a different subject and they came out surprisingly unwobbly as well, perhaps because the shutter speed was quite fast.
verianthomas.com

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 06:29:19 PM »
Nice photos.  Obvious what they are but also quite abstract at the same time.  The slight softness adds to the effect. Absolute pin sharpness would, IMO, detract from the photos.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 09:54:33 PM »
Nice photos.  Obvious what they are but also quite abstract at the same time.  The slight softness adds to the effect. Absolute pin sharpness would, IMO, detract from the photos.

Thank you. I was pretty pleased with how they turned out as I had thought they were going to be a blurred mess.
verianthomas.com