Author Topic: Review - The Goose - Polaroid 600 SE `Professional`.  (Read 220285 times)

KayJay

• 35mm
Re: Review - The Goose - Polaroid 600 SE `Professional`.
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011, 07:30:03 AM »
well, i use my bessa-r with glasses and focusing is no problem, but i cant see the entire 35mm-frame. ( but thats no problem cause i use only 50mm ;-) )
i think i will buy a non SE for 200€... is that to mutch?
thank you for the answer!

casiopea

• 35mm
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2011, 04:42:47 PM »
Hi Skorj, I´m new on polaroid so your review was very useful for me.
I´m planning to buy a 600se and I go catched with the fact that you can adapt it to use SX 70 film as it would give me a wider range of available film to use.
About the adapted back to do so, I was wondering if you sell them, or if you know about any tutorials to learn how to do it myself.
I would really appreciatte your help in this issue!

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2011, 05:16:51 PM »
you pretty much have to get an sx-70 back from ebay. used to be cheap, like in the $30 range, but recent Impossible Project stuff has brought the prices up to $130+. And you still have to make a mount yourself (and find a 600SE to use for the project). Same principle as what I have done here with the 4x5 back and Mamiya Universal:

http://moominsean.blogspot.com/2010/04/type-50s-and-mamiya-universalheaven.html

I've bought two sx-70 backs and neither worked, so still haven't done this for myself...
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

lharby

• Hi
    • slackwise
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2016, 09:59:17 AM »
Hi, been meaning to post here for some time, I do hope my message gets read (this is a great resource for the GOOSE).

I have 3 diopters for my Polaroid, I recently purchased the Mamiya focusing hood. And more recently the necessary M adapter.

(I already have one film back and I have also ordered the film back model which will shoot, 6x4.5, 6x6 and 6x9, so I knew I needed to order the M adapter eventually).

I have also been watching some macro extension tubes on ebay. These appear to come in 5 sizes (so offer more variations than the 3 diopters).

My question is if I do invest in the macro tubes, is it absolutely necessary to also purchase the back spacer? I mean what would happen without that, would the image just appear blurry?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:13:42 AM by lharby »
Everything should be tried once except incest and folk dancing.

k.hendrik

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2016, 08:24:02 PM »
so much gear and so little images....

MJL

• 35mm
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2016, 05:28:20 AM »
I was looking for the spacer set but eventually gave up, and settle with putting diopters over the 127 & 150 mm lenses.  That gave me decent images down to half life size.

When using indoor, I always found the ground glass focusing screen fairly dark.  It is hard to image how much darker it will get after adding the spacers (i.e. extra distance).
Addicted to Kodachrome, Medium Formats, Polaroid, Russian lenses and big shinny objects.

lharby

• Hi
    • slackwise
Everything should be tried once except incest and folk dancing.

k.hendrik

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2016, 02:34:34 PM »
I stand corrected; just found out this is page 2  :-[