Author Topic: One roll, one subject: MILLION WOMEN RISE  (Read 1635 times)

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
One roll, one subject: MILLION WOMEN RISE
« on: March 10, 2015, 06:19:18 PM »
On Saturday I was in London shopping for a dress, not for me, but for my wife, and with my wife. I am her personal shopper and don't mind giving over 3 or 4 hours to wander around the shops as long as I am fed and have a chance to get my camera out at some point (as an added bonus this time I bought some vinyl as well). Upon leaving Selfridge's, with the dress bought, we found ourselves right in the middle of the Million Women Rise march:

http://www.millionwomenrise.com/

Within half a minute my wife was standing with the marchers holding a placard. I left her to it and took some photographs. The march hadn't actually started, it was the meeting point so people were congregating there before heading off. My wife soon caught up with me at the front of the march and we listened to the drumming and chanting for a bit. As the march was relating to male violence against women I had thought briefly that I wouldn't be very welcome, just because I was a man, but they were very nice people and there was a really good atmosphere amongst them and the onlookers. I hope they achieved what they set out to do on this march.

I used my Olympus OM2n for the first time since 2013, which meant learning how to use it again as there have been quite a few cameras in-between, but it is a lovely camera and a joy to use. I do think I have focusing issues and am going to speak to an optician as I know that, to my eye, the focus was sharp, but some of the resulting images aren't, hopefully I can do something about that. Here are 5 from the march. Lomo 100 film developed with a Tetenal C41 kit, scanned on an epson v600.

verianthomas.com
Last Updated: 21/11/2014
Instagrrrrrrrram & Flickr: verian67
Twitter: verian

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
Re: One roll, one subject: MILLION WOMEN RISE
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 08:48:22 AM »
some good shots :)
I'm not always a fan of the black borders along with the white from the film holders but here it somehow gives a documentary mood that suits the series well.

btw, were you using the 1.4 50mm zuiko? the DOF looks pretty shallow on the first two shots
/jonas

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
Re: One roll, one subject: MILLION WOMEN RISE
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 02:57:30 PM »
some good shots :)
I'm not always a fan of the black borders along with the white from the film holders but here it somehow gives a documentary mood that suits the series well.

btw, were you using the 1.4 50mm zuiko? the DOF looks pretty shallow on the first two shots

Thank you. The borders are laziness to be honest!

It was a Zuiko 1.8 50mm which I think is the standard lens.
verianthomas.com
Last Updated: 21/11/2014
Instagrrrrrrrram & Flickr: verian67
Twitter: verian