Author Topic: Profile Questions  (Read 3950 times)

6cmsquare

Profile Questions
« on: February 23, 2015, 05:18:27 PM »
Hello, I'm new to the forum and had a few quick Q's:
1. how do I change the film type that is posted under my login name from "35mm" to "120mm" (nothing against 35) 
2. what does the color and number of cameras in peoples profile mean? e.g. 5 yellow cameras vs 4 red cameras?
“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”
-Hunter S. Thompson

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
Re: Profile Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 05:37:53 PM »
The film type is just an indicator of how many posts you have on the forum, not your preferred format. It will change automatically.

There is some confusion about the color and number of cameras. I think it has to do with a complex formula involving posting frequency, relative humidity, offset from GMT, and the age of the oldest film in your freezer. We have all been trained to ignore the camera icons and just treat everyone like they are a long lost friend or acquaintance.  ;D
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 06:23:05 PM »
the mystery behind it all has been touched upon recently: http://www.filmwasters.com/forum/index.php?topic=7636.msg100233#msg100233

but in short: don't worry about it ;D
/jonas

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 08:26:33 PM »
Jonas is in charge of monitoring this thorny issue. He's doing a damn fine job as the man in the middle who has to explain to new FWers, the stupid system that I set up years ago and then forgot all about. It's a voyage of discovery.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 10:00:57 PM »
at yer service, capt'n cool badge :)
/jonas